Bloggers, Call In

Our “Midmorning” broadcast on Minnesota Public Radio tomorrow (Friday, 9 a.m. Central, 10 a.m. Eastern) takes up the “bubble” questions that obsess the blogosphere: the boom and bust of Howard Dean’s Internet campaign, the “miracle” and/or the media manipulation inside the Kerry comeback, the reality and the future of Internet democracy.

I invite all the faithful readers here and at BOPnews to weigh in. The toll-free phone is 1-800-242-2828.

Our other guests will include William Saletan of SLATE; Tom Schaller of Salon; and Hendrik Hertzberg of The New Yorker.

Here’s the way I’ll toss it to the radio listeners:

As they say in politics: one day you’re a peacock, the next day you’re a feather duster. Or in the case of Senator John Kerry, you’re a peacock, then a feather duster, and then a peacock again. Or if you’re Howard Dean, you go from peacock to pigeon feather and then you pretty nearly disappear. Overnight. Literally, within a few days in January, Dean collapsed from prohibitive favorite and front-runner to gasping also-ran.

Are there rules to this game? Is the building of a popular consensus around a candidate an open political process, or a pinball game?

Do voters really drive it? Do the media companies, or the Internet tilt it?

Is the game that seems to have chosen John Kerry fair? Is it wise? Is it over?

Would you understand this process of picking the people’s choice if it were unfolding in China, or Sweden, or Canada?

Over to you, bloggers. I’ll be delighted to hear you on the clear Minnesota air. Just dial: 1-800-242-2828 and be prepared to start talking. Thanks.

1. Filmari Nunti | November 29, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

“Political leaders of AMERICA, REPENT! You have misled the Nation.”

Amin!

Also: “Political leaders of Romania, REPENT! You have misled the Nation.”

2. caregiver jobs | January 6, 2012 at 3:35 am | Permalink

Blogs you should be reading……

{ 7 } Trackbacks

1. ways to become a famous singer | December 3, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Hmm…..

Good write-up, I’m regular visitor of one’s site, maintain up the nice operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a long time. “Our opinions do not really blossom into fruition until we have expressed them to someone else.” by Mark Twain….

2. What Is The Best Product To Lose Weigh | December 17, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

Hey……

I have recently started a website, the info you provide on this web site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. “It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” by Sir Winston C…

3. web designer northern Ireland | January 2, 2012 at 11:32 am | Permalink

Hiya…..

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile Therefore let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! “England and America are two countries separated …

4. Best plumber la | January 11, 2012 at 9:35 am | Permalink

Wow…..

I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again! “All that is gold does not glitter not all those that wander are lost.” by J. R. R. Tolkien….

5. 2012 Outback Coupons | January 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Hi…..

I have recently started a website, the info you provide on this website has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. “Americans detest all lies except lies spoken in public or printed lies.” by Edgar Watson Howe….

6. watch short films | January 20, 2012 at 2:40 am | Permalink

Hello…..

Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you’ve on this site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend,…

7. Novel Synopsis | January 28, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

Hi…..

I’ve recently started a site, the information you offer on this web site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work. “The murals in restaurants are on par with the food in museums.” by Peter De Vries….