Reading Jah Cure’s Trial Transcript

my study, early morining, thanksgiving, 2005, cambridge, massachusetts, united states of america, planet earth, sitting before the blinking lights of my modem, back against the roller of my massage chair, stevie nicks singing in my ear, jah cure’s transcript now finally open before me on my lap. thank you roderick for obaining it for me and sending it fedex to me. hello my evidence class. let your advance reading and preparation for nesson’s winter evidence begin. hello jackie, alex and diane, hello first year reading group, hello fans of socrates and poker, hello to the categories listed to the right, a taxonomy of thought and action i&i will organize. shall we reproduce copies of the transcript at the copy center? shall we ask pitf fellows to help us reconstruct the crime? shall we use flash software that will enable all to ask their questions, with each question represented by a pyramid that shows up along a time line so that we can see where our questions and suggestions cluster?

read with respect and empathy for the victim. she has been twice victimized, once by being robbed and raped, a second time by the pressure she has felt from some of those who would free Jah Cure. she must not be victimized again.

14 Responses to “Reading Jah Cure’s Trial Transcript”

• please let me know if you get any information on Mr Alcok. I am very interested in any kind of informations
    relating the whole incident and the trial that followed.
    Thank you

• Witnesses: Where are the Witness Statements, their account of the events that took place hat night or an account of their whereabouts that night and even in the week before their actual arrest when the incident took place.
    ID: It seems that the Victim identified Alcock by the sound of his voice at the ‘scene’in Margaritaville. Where there no DNA testing, surely oral and genital bacteria would have been present. (and again – witnesses).
    Police Corruption: What truth is there in the allegation that one of the arresting police officers is the common law partner of the Victim’s mother?
    We are still reading, there are so many snipits and they are not consistent… the struggle for truth continues…

• I DONT THINK JAH CURE IS GUILTY BECAUSE SHE SAID SHES KNEW IT WAS JAH CURE BY HIS VOICE THATS HOW SHE KNEW IT WAS HIM. A VOICE ISIN’T ENOUGH PROOF TO CONVICT SOMEONE OF RAPE.BECAUSE YES HES A RASTAFARIAN N RASTAFARIAN’S SMOKE GANJA AS PART OF WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN SO YES THEIR VOICES GET TO SOUND THE SAME BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY SMOKE AND THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE A DNA TEST TO PROVE IT WAS HIM THAT WOULD HAVE HELPED AND THERES ANOTHER GUY SO WHY IS EVERYONE TARGETING JAH CURE I THINK ITS JUST FOR MONEY BECAUSE HES A WICKED ENTERTAINER. BUT YOU KNOW DAT JUS HOW LYFE GWAN BOD SOMETIMES YUH HEAR WHEY MI A SEH BUT YOW! JAH CURE STAY STRONG YOU WILL GET THREW YOUR STILL MAKIN MUSIC AND YOU STILL HAVE NUFF FANS
    1 LOVE BROTHER

ONE OF UR NUMER ONE FANS,
    CHUNKIE

• Blessed Love & Respect ALWAYS my rasta brethren
    with any experience one has to determine the lesson to be learnt from it, be the experience good or bad. we have to understand that Jah works in a mysterious way. Your music brings the mind and spirit to an entire different state of awareness. WE SAY FREE JAH CURE but one has to understand that his freedom goes beyond that of the physical. SICCATURIE HAS ALREADY BEEN FREED its just a matter of time before they release the body to of the brethren, back into society. I am a sistren from Trinidad who had the privilage to see the blessed youth perform along with SIZZLA in Trinidad in 1998. and i remembered saying this youth will light it up. all dressed in a suit of khaki and a blazing red turban. i remembered
    Only Jah knows exactly what happened on that night in question, and he knows what really happened. But just as he has workers to work through so does the devil. BLESS UP BLESSED YOUTH CONTINUED GUIDANCE AND STRENGTH IN THE MOST HIGH JAH RASTAFARI
    I told my princess that once you are freed!and come to NY to give a performance that will be her first exposure to a gathering it is never too early to expose them to the light! BLESSED CROWNEDYASHIA!

• i’ve read the victims testimony and she said she knew it was jah cure by his voice HELLO they cud b millions of plpl wid d same voice and she also said she cud smell the the scent of ganja on the breath and she said she also said that she ask him to please use a condom and i was thinking if had went to look for the condom in the glove compartment she cud a run but nooooooooooo she laid there like an old fool and to tell the truth i ain think it was jah cure and i believe too that faith will set u free

• I think that he is innocent , we may a lot of person that are incararated say that. But as we know things happens for a reason and that reason is being reveal to us this present momemt.Keep the good work up your doing and stay strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This case is an injustice against Jah Cure. What I cannot understand based on my research and reading different interviews that the girl did: how can you say you were robbed and raped and a still claim that the men through a $100 dollar bill on you and said that’s your bus fair.
    i don’t get it. A robber normlly takes all and where is the other woman’s statement i haven’t heard from her. And why didn’t they go to the hospital after reporting to the police. Give me a break! The secrets need to be told it’s to senseless.

• I AGREE JAH CURE IS NOT GUILTY AND WHERE ARE THE HARD CORE EVIDENCE NO DNA TESTING NO WITNESSES WHERE ARE THE REAL EVIDENCE POLICE ASK HER HOW SHE RESISTED, WHAT HE TOOK FOR HER AND PS GENITAL FLUIDS CAN BE A FORM OF EVIDENCE POLICE YEAH REAL EVIDENCE NOT THE VOICE AND THE “COOK-UP” EVIDENCE YOU ALL USED TO CONVICT OUR ‘KING OF MUSIC AND A MAN WITH A GOLDEN VOICE”

• I AM A WOMAN TOO AND IF SOMEONE WAS RAPING ME I HONESTLY SCREAM, PUT UP A FIGHT NO MATTER HOW MANY MEN AND SHOUT FOR HELP (its only natual if ur getting raped)but no she wanted it but with a CONDOM she specifically asked for a condom now this means she was conscious of what was going on and did not screamed but ask for a condom and even if he had sex with her it was not RAPE BECAUSE SHE DID NOT SAY NO SHEASKED FOR A CONDOM

• In survival mode she (like many would do in the situation) did not want to aggravate her armed assaulter and realized that screaming in a dark alley in midnight would yield little help. He had a gun and her brain panicked and went into survival mode. She asked for a condom because it was obvious that with the force of his gun he was going to rape her anyway. At the moment and outside of such a situation, I too as a female would like to think that I would do as much as possible to prevent being raped, yell, fight back, kick him where it hurts. As a psychology student I have learned that trauma affects behavior greatly and causes a different reaction. Had she screamed and fought back she might be dead right now.

And for those who think that she wanted it because she asked for a condom, remember that she asked him to stop many times before but it became obvious that he wouldn’t. She was pleading for her life and trying to protect herself. Think of it this way, just the fact that she asked for a condom and he didn’t use one is a violation right there.

It makes sense to me that she would recognize his voice first and foremost. Frankly I would be a little worried if she had recognized his face considering it took place in a dark secluded area late at night, as most assaults do.

I do admit that there are holes in some of the evidence, but flaws in a judicial system is not anything new. What would convince me would be a stronger statement of his innocence as well as a strong alibi and witnesses to back him up. He speaks a lot about rehabilitation and his words sound like the words of a guilty man. He also talks about capitalizing from the experience and it makes sense, he is better known now than at the time of the incident and he no longer speaks of innocence.

Black men: wise up and respect black women, your mothers, sisters, aunts, cousins, friends. Each time you violate a women remember that another man out their could be violating someone you know. Kobe Bryant, R. Kelly, OJ Simpson, Jah Cure, … I would really like to see an end to these types of situations in my lifetime.

• love to the cure i love u and bless i know you not guilty but you are an entertainer so i feel she just do hat for money but trust in jah he will pull you thru i love you jah cuer and nuff lov to you

• to the person of the comment titled “REASON”
    AS A SOCIOLOGY STUDENT I LEARNT THAT WHEN YOU ARE IN TRAUMA U TEND TO ACT LIKE AN AIMAL i.e.ON INSTINCT WHICH MEANS THAT WEATHER HE WAS HOLDING A GUN OR NOT YOUR IMMEDIATE REACTION WOULD BE TO RESIST THE ONLY WAY YOU WOULD SEE SOMEONE CALM IS IF THEY KNOW THE PERSON AND THEY REALLY THINK THEY CAN NEGOTIATE ‘NEWS FLASH THAT ONLY HAPPENS IN MOVIES’ e.g. IF A DOG IS CHASING U THE RIGHT THING TO DO IS NOT TO RUN so why do u run? its because u tend to act on instinct “without thinking of the consequences” and if you said that she was thinking of savin herlife and thinking of protecting herself why didn’t she say no because even if you know you are going to b raped you would still say no .the only reason why jah cure is in imprisonment is because there were no witnesses to the crime to say who it was and even if it was the cure the consequences would not be bad or for rape because she did not try to oppose to him raping her and she did not resist.

love ya
    ‘REASON”

• very nice and interessant, thank you.

Comments are currently closed.