Alec Baldwin manages a Silicon Valley technical team

What if a Silicon Valley company raised tens of millions of dollars and the absence of software development productivity was apparent even to the management? They probably tried to bring in Alec Baldwin from Glengarry Glen Ross to do some personnel consulting. Baldwin was busy, however, so a friend with a similar personality was tapped instead.

Why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your f**king ass because a loser is a loser.

On his recommendation, the $300,000/year CTO (“a great talker”) and 11 other so-called tech people were fired. “They were all C- at best,” he said. What surprised him? “I looked on LinkedIn and they all had jobs at VC-backed companies within a week.”

1. jerry

July 7, 2017 @ 3:42 pm

1

failing upwards or falling with style

“There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. … Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties.”

2. jack crossfire

July 7, 2017 @ 3:48 pm

2

Pretty sure that never happened outside a movie, but there is a step down in the amount of brain power required to get a job every time the government restimulates the economy. A single CEO layoff nowadays is enough to show up in the GDP & is a good way of getting more venture debt.