All-gender restroom sign for aircraft?

Given the crazy prices that one can charge for anything aviation-related, how about this brilliant idea for making money: “all gender restroom” signs for aircraft.

The big market is, of course, airlines, but one could also sell them to the bizjet and turboprop crowd.

[Here’s an example from the San Diego Airport (KSAN), which I used for a recent Facebook post: “I’m so old I remember when the palm tree was the symbol of California.”

]

7 Comments »

1. George A.

September 13, 2017 @ 1:45 pm

1

Isn’t that sign a discrimination against Mindy the Crippler and the like by not including a picture of a “pet”?!

Just give it few more years and signs will be so crowded to the point where you will not be able to make any sense out of them.

2. Tim J

September 13, 2017 @ 1:47 pm

2

It’s a step forward, but it discriminates against the 69+ genders that do not have a pictogram on this sign.

3. Anon

September 13, 2017 @ 6:04 pm

3

Somewhat related….the LGBT puppet Mayor of Charlotte (Jennifer Roberts) that started the whole HB2 restroom fiasco in NC got voted out in the democratic primary. Good riddance.

4. Tom Galloway

September 13, 2017 @ 7:29 pm

4

Am I the only one who initially sees the furthest on the right adult icon as indicating “Superheroes who wear capes”?

5. toucan sam

September 14, 2017 @ 6:14 am

5

It would cost thousands by the time the FAA approves the sign, the operator applies for an STC, hires a DAR and does a new weight and balance! Not to mention new company procedures and training!

6. the other Donald

September 14, 2017 @ 9:35 am

6

Are the loos on aircraft not already “first come first served” or is that the irony that went over my head?

7. GWC

September 16, 2017 @ 12:04 pm

7

The sad fact is that it would actually sell. I’m getting too old for this.