Suburban Ball Drop…

Happy New Year to the weblog faithful!

We couldn’t make it to Times Square this year so Greta (age 8) came up with the idea of a suburban New Year’s ball drop.

1. Andrea Matranga

January 1, 2018 @ 1:35 pm

1

I thought a suburban ball drop meant your neighbors dropped the ball by relaxing zoning laws to the point that some PhDless immigrants were able to move in.

2. Bill Despicable

January 1, 2018 @ 2:10 pm

2

Mindy the Crippler is a golden retriever. Figures. I suspected that she wasn’t a pit bull…

3. George A.

January 1, 2018 @ 6:41 pm

3

Happy New Year @Philg and @readers.

Not related, by why oh why are over 90% (my own estimate, but I see this so often) of videos taken by smart-phones are done so vertically instead of horizontally?

4. lion

January 1, 2018 @ 7:41 pm

4

Spoiler: it’s a kid video

5. philg

January 1, 2018 @ 10:03 pm

5

George: Now that most video is consumed on phones rather than legacy TVs I have given up my fanatical opposition to vertical video. If it is a vertical subject, why not?

6. Mememe

January 1, 2018 @ 10:08 pm

6

Happy Hangover Day!

7. the Other Donald

January 2, 2018 @ 9:55 am

7

We had a beach ball drop but shivering just the same. Happy FL panhandle stranded-in-Central-Time-Zone New Year. We actually get to celebrate twice: first in The World, an hour later in LA (Lower Alabama).

8. Pavel

January 2, 2018 @ 1:36 pm

8

Where is the Chevy Suburban in the video?
    I was expecting to see a Suburban hanging off a bridge and then somebody cutting the rope 🙂