Young Girls Creeped Out By Older Scientists Constantly Trying To Lure Them Into STEM

I hate to be like a Facebook user and post a link without comment, but here’s one from the Onion: “Young Girls Creeped Out By Older Scientists Constantly Trying To Lure Them Into STEM”

the nation’s young women are being utterly creeped out by scientists twice their age constantly attempting to lure them into the study of science, technology, engineering, and math. … The poll also revealed that some scientists also seem to have a thing for young black and latino boys.

Related:

7 Comments »

1. Smartest Woman on the Internet

August 8, 2018 @ 5:37 pm

1

creeped out by scientists twice their age constantly attempting to lure them into the study of science, technology, engineering, and math

The scientists and engineers I work with try to discourage their daughters (and sons) from going into STEM. The only people encouraging females to pursue a career in STEM are non-STEM journalists and politicians.

2. Anonymous

August 9, 2018 @ 1:30 am

2

Every time I see the turbine edition of AOPA magazine (and not the piston edition) in the waiting area of a doctors office, I am reminded that the only reason to get a STEM education is to fulfill the prerequisite courses for medical school.

3. philg

August 9, 2018 @ 8:59 am

3

Anonymous: Women figured that out long before men! They’re the majority of med students. (See https://philip.greenspun.com/careers/women-in-science )

4. Mclionhead

August 9, 2018 @ 3:37 pm

4

The Onion is truer than manestream media. They get creeped out by dirty old men telling them to elect their wives, except during an election year. During election years, we wear blue.

5. I chose the Wrong Ethnicity

August 10, 2018 @ 7:52 am

5

Damn, I wish I was a black or latino boy in 2018. Life would be a lot easier.

6. anon

August 10, 2018 @ 11:56 am

6

You chose a wrong gender too. 🙂

7. I chose the Wrong Ethnicity

August 11, 2018 @ 2:52 pm

7

@anon Thankfully, I can change my gender tomorrow by ticking the correct box. Changing my ethnicity is a lot harder.