From C to C (to C)

Constructionism, constructivism, and connectivism oh my! I’m sure others can empathize with me… This is my very crude (and simply worded) attempt to understand the basics. This is by no means meant to be comprehensive. Please feel free to comment on your interpretations/my errors, and how you feel these theories overlap.

Constructivism – Constructing new concepts based on the interaction between the environment and existing knowledge. These concepts are organized within a cognitive structure which is continually being reframed and added to as you learn.

Constructionism – Effective learning is the result of constructing tangible objects.

Connectivism – Knowledge exists across a network of connections. Learning is defined by the process of creating new connections and expanding the network.

Helpful website: http://www.instructionaldesign.org/theories

(Note: I will add to this as my understanding develops, either because I have made new networks, or because I will gain new knowledge to add to my schema)

1. Karen

September 17, 2014 @ 15:09

1

looks good to me, Rahmin!

2. Karen

September 17, 2014 @ 15:10

2

oops!!!! RaHim!!!!!! (duh)

3. Lindsey Bailey

September 17, 2014 @ 15:12

3

I’d broaden the definition of constructionism to include digital materials and processes as well!

4. Patrice

September 17, 2014 @ 15:13

4

I see Constructionism as an extension of constructivism–building knowledge in head by building the physical artifact. That’s just my interpretation though!