Wednesday, April 9th, 2008...3:26 am

Hasbro Baby Alive Doll does not need to be this much alive

Jump to Comments

Description of the doll: 

Playing “mommy” is more fun than ever with BABY ALIVE, the doll that “eats” and “poops” just like a real baby!

• Feed her or give her a bottle, and then get ready to change her messy diaper!
  • When this doll is “hungry” you can mix up some of her special doll food!
  • She really eats and tells you how she likes it with fun electronic phrases like, “Mmm good!”
  • Doll comes with dress, 2 doll diapers, bottle with nipple and cap, bowl, spoon, 4 packets of doll food and bib

Diapers that are sold by this company is very similar to regular baby diapers. As if those diapers were not enough to fill our landfill, we should all welcome hasbro doll’s extra diapers that are very necessary for a child’s upbringing (by telling him or her that it is ok to make unnecessary and unrecyclable trash). I am not here to judge, but this doll is going to bite our children back in the future when environment factors will take away many fun things from their lives that we have today.

I cannot believe that all the diapers that just have some colored water on it are needlessly going to land fills. The argument at amazon appears to be on diapers quality and price. Is it only about how cheap diapers can be bought? I think the doll is over all great and there should be reusable and washable cloth diaper available with the doll. I understand that it is in toy company’s interest to have diapers and food for the dolls, but we must think about the future of our kids and make the doll a little eco friendly.

url : http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Baby-Alive-Doll-Caucasian/dp/B000HT17XS

Just an honest suggestion – don’t buy this doll there are plenty of better alternatives to choode from for your child.

• Hey! I see those baby alives are still alive, kickin and crying – a big thing over a year later (searching them brought me here 🙂

I noticed you were going to give more tips on some tech stuff. Care to share it?

Cat