In Pursuit of the Ideal…

Since my family was kind enough to help me move to Boston (Cambridge), I thought the least I could do was show them around town. First stop, the Shops at Prudential Center (of course!) and Copley Square…site of the Boston Public Library. How fitting that this is one of the first things I see when I arrive in Boston.

The photo below is a close-up of the library. At the top of the building is a phrase that truly resonated with me: “Library of the City of Boston Built by the People and Dedicated to the Advancement of Learning. Free to All”

BPL

Boston Public Library from Copley Square

How can one not be inspired in this town?

The phrase engraved atop of the BPL is truly what  the foundations of education should be but what are still aspiring to achieve well into the 21 century: advancement of learning that is accessible to everyone. #leavenoonebehind #equality

I am looking forward to finding ways of making quality education available to everyone, in some small way. It is my hope that others will do the same so that this basic human right is afforded to everyone regardless of socioeconomic status, gender, race, or place of residence.