Too late, and too tired to write a proper summary. I will say that the LSU campus was beautiful, and I appreciated the time that I had to explore a bit. My favorite session was the Pecha Kucha teaching presentations. Perhaps the restrictions led to more focused presentations, or perhaps it was refreshing that even a less than stellar presentation would only last 6:40. In any case, I came away inspired to try some new approaches at Houghton.

Lunch at The Chimes was quite good, and we stopped in for some good coffee at a local coffee shop, which  is perhaps the first time I’ve been asked, when ordering an espresso drink, to choose between mild and dark roast. Nice. (I chose dark) Unfortunately, I went to Mike the Tiger’s habitat before he was awake, and so missed the pleasure of meeting him, though I lived vicariously through the #rbms11 twitter feed.

The highlight of the day was the reception at the Rural Life Museum. There was much good conversation, drink, and food, surrounded by hanging quilts and other artifacts of material rural culture of the south. Tomorrow is sadly the last day of RBMS, and I will be heading to New Orleans and ALA on the chartered bus. I’m preparing to be mildly overwhelmed by the size of the conference to come.