About Me

I am a museum professional living in the Washington, D.C., metro area, and a graduate student at Harvard University (via Harvard Extension School) in management and museum studies. The focus of my academic work at Harvard is non-profit development and emerging museum trends.

For many years, I have been a devoted historian of Freemasonry and its iconography. My research interests in that field are strongly focused upon the development of Freemasonry in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Current work is focused on the careful reading of early Masonic literature, with special attention to intertextuality, thematic progression, and ritualistic praxis.

For several years, I have served as the Director of Communications and Development for the George Washington Masonic National Memorial. The Memorial is a major museum in the Capital region, and was recently minted a National Historic Landmark.

Since 2009, I have edited Philalethes: The Journal of Masonic Research and Letters, the oldest independent Masonic publication in North America. Established in 1946, Philalethes is now printed quarterly. Many of my contributions to this journal are available for download on my Academia.edu profile.