State bankruptcy self-help websites

2

My plan was to compile a collection of self-help bankruptcy sites from each state.  I realized that I would never have time to do all of the states at one time, which would mean I’d never get the thing done.  So, I’m going to do five states at a time and post them here.  When I’m finished, I’ll polish it up and create a page for it.

Keep in mind that bankruptcy is a federal matter so you don’t have to limit yourself to sites specific to your own state to get information.  You might find very helpful explanatory information on a site intended for another state.  However, if there is a site that provides forms for your state, you should probably use those unless you’re prepared to adjust them for your state.

If I miss any good sites, please let me know.  Meanwhile, here are the first five.

Alabama

Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Alabama

Alaska

Alaskalawhelp.org

Bankruptcy Court, District of Alaska

Arizona

Bankruptcy Court, District of Arizona

Arkansas

Legalconsumer.com

California

Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California

1. Demi

July 24, 2009 @ 2:05 pm

1

I am trying to defend myself pro se in a bankruptcy matter. I have filed an adversary complaint – debtor’s attorney has filed an answer and a motion to dismiss. I need help as I am unable to pay for an atty. I have a very good chance to win this matter and have our claim non-dischargable, but I need help. Thanks.

2. Travis

December 22, 2009 @ 12:35 pm

2

Terry, these links are really helpful. I know you said they do not have to be state specific for general information on bankruptcy but I was wondering if they do for eligibility purposes.