LAW LIBRARY/SELF HELP CENTER CONSULTANT
The Second Judicial District Court of Nevada, in consultation with Washoe County government, is soliciting bids for a consultant to study and provide recommendations concerning the Law Library and the pro per Self Help Center.
As of July 1, 2009, the Second Judicial District Court (“Court”) assumed the responsibility for the finding and operation of the existing Washoe County Law Library (“Library”). The Court wants to consolidate its operation of a pro per Self Help Center (“SHC”) with the Library into a unified approach to legal information and access that will be designed and oriented toward future demands for the next ten to fifteen years.
Outline of Work
In order to provide the product and advice desired, the following tasks are anticipated with anticipated site visits occurring no later than August 15, 2009.
1) Inventory of current assets of Library and SHC, including personnel,
collected fees and collections.
2) Inventory of current services and public service events delivered
by Library and SHC.
3) Needs assessment from significant parties both “inside” and “outside” the current system.
4) Trends research as to futures of both libraries and pro per service delivery models.
5) Delivery and presentation of final report.
In responding to this document, please include curriculum vitae and estimate on costs and/or proposed budget, and fees to accomplish this work.
All questions and correspondence shall be directed to the Court Administrator by July 31, 2009.
Howard W. Conyers
P.O. Box 30083
Reno, NV 89520-3083
(775) 328-3206 – fax