Numbers : The Power of Nine

6

P.S: This post is an amateur attempt at numbers. I wish to present my understanding and lessons I learnt from  number 9.
There is a certain charm in the number 9. I wish to consider the word SimplyJITH, to present my observation.  If we are to list the number equivalents for each alphabet, add the resulting series of numbers and then we continue this schematic with individual digits of the sum total we obtain from our earlier exercise, until we reach a single digit, we end up with digit 6.
Alternatively, if we are position/replace each such number equivalent with corresponding difference between a suitable multiple of 9 and itself, and continue to narrow down with the summation schematic explained above to a single digit, we will again end up with 6. Please see illustration for reference. 
Number 9 presents a strong significance in the play of numbers. It is important for us to realize the absorption capacity it showcases. It teaches us an important lesson of magnanimity, to stand up to any moment of adversity or success with the same outlook and balanced spirits, absorb any happening into our stride and move on. Further, it presents an important lesson  in parenting,  to pass on this belief practice onto the next generation : multiples of 9 showcase the same trend.  
Let me present another interesting behavior pattern of number 9. This pattern is essentially the basis for the observation presented above. Nevertheless, it stands out with its own lessons to teach.  Consider any number, let me pick 73 for now to illustrate my point. If we add the two digits in the number, we end up with 7 + 3 = 10, going further till we end up with a single digit, we end up with 1. If we add 9 to 73, we end up with 82. Further, if we apply the same schematic presented above, we will again end up with 1.  
Number 9 presents the divinity in forgiveness and the needed ability to remain true to yourself, rather than being driven by external factors. Number 9 will give no distortion to any number, rather it leaves the number with its own shades and continue to remain unaffected. It is important for us to forgive anyone and let him/her be with his/her shades rather than trying to influence/disturb their lives. More so, it is important to remain true to our intention, continue to strive for spiritual excellence and inner purity; rather than being carried away by external influences. 
Place: Batu Caves, Malaysia
Date: 16th March 2011
previous:
Bitches earn Riches
next:
Destiny : Puzzled!

1. Aditya

March 21, 2011 @ 8:25 am

1

ndeed the importance of the number 9 is divine and mysterious…Just to quote a few examples, there are…9 Avatars according to Hindu mythology9 paths of devotion (Nava Vidha Bhakthi Marga)the epic Mahabharatha contains 18 subsections (parvas), the number which sums to 9the Dharma Yuddha (Mahabharatha war) took place for 18 days, again the number sums to 9in Hindu astrology there are 9 planetsin general the average number of months a human baby is in the womb is 9..

2. Abhijith J

March 21, 2011 @ 6:58 pm

2

@ Aditya,Thank you for sharing this information.

3. Anonymous

March 28, 2011 @ 9:07 pm

3

Amateur? seriously? Its puerile.P.S.: Stands for Post Script(derived from Latin 'post-scriptum') and not written at the beginning of the post.

4. Abhijith J

March 28, 2011 @ 10:35 pm

4

@anonymous…The images which were posted, more or less complete the explanation. That is the reason, I choose to include the post script right after the images, to avoid any possible waste of time for bright minds. For someone who could not understand the reason, I can completely understand where you are coming from, and why you felt it to be puerile.

5. Anonymous

March 29, 2011 @ 12:41 am

5

I meant the post is puerile and with sufficient reason. What you have expounded are the properties of number 9 that too in decimal system. '9' does not have these properties in other number systems. I don't quite understand as to why you have bestow such special explanations to these properties which are wholly arbitrary. What next? x+x=2x tells you that greed is wrong and also embodies everything that is wrong with laissez faire capitalism just because x has the property that it gets doubled when you add to itself?I find your attempts to string together unrelated things in order to fit your grand narrative(whatever that is) incredulous. Granted you have something to say; if you can say it with an economy of words, why do you want construct such nonsensical explanations just to fill space? Or are you trying to write post-modernist literature in your blog?Consider my attempt at criticism as constructive and not as an ad-hominem attack.P.S.: The word you are looking for is 'Note' or 'Nota bene' not postscript. A postscript does not carry detailed explanations.

6. Abhijith J

March 29, 2011 @ 8:44 am

6

@ Anonymous…Few points to note:(1) Let me explain a simple rule of mathematics – addition, with an example. Addition is a mathematical operation that represents combining collections of objects together into a larger collection. For example, if we have two sets of apples i.e. 3 (First Set) + 2 (Second Set)apples—meaning three apples and two other apples—which is the same as five apples. Number System is a writing system for expressing numbers, that is a mathematical notation for representing numbers of a given set, and will not influence the addition schematic. For example, number 9 (decimal) = 1001 (binary) and number 5 (decimal) = 0101 (binary), adding them we get 14 (decimal) = 1110 (binary). Now let us see the comparison : When we add the digits of 14 i.e. 1 + 4 = 5 (decimal) i.e. 0101 (binary). Following the schematic, let us first arrive at single digit of 5 (decimal) in binary system.We need to add the digits (now binary addition, since we have switched the number system) till we end up with a single digit) so it is 1 + 1 (binary addition) which results in 10 (binary) and now, further 1 + 0 (binary) results in 1 (binary). Let us now compare if we end up with the same answer from 14 (decimal) = 1110 (binary). 1 + 1 + 1 (binary) = 11 (binary). Going further, 1 + 1 (binary) = 10 (binary), 1 + 0 (binary) = 1 (binary) which is the same digit that we have obtained earlier from 5 (decimal).(2) In this post, I was talking about number 9, and how we end up with digit 6 in one of the examples (please read the blog post again, if in doubt).To fully appreciate the observation, we need to understand the difference between 'number' and 'digit'. Number presents a value, and is beyond any system of representation while digit is one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration. In our everyday world, we commonly use a numbering system universally known as the decimal system or base-10. In this system, we use ten unique glyphs/digits (numerals) to represent known values. (3) Example: x + x =2x. Laissez-faire Capitalism describes an environment in which transactions between private parties are free from state intervention, including restrictive regulations, taxes, tariffs and enforced monopolies. The phrase Laissez-Faire is French and literally means "let do", but it broadly implies "leave it alone." If we are talking about Laissez Faire, we are to leave x as it is, probably its valuation might increase, due to additional market capture or other reasons and might reach twice its initial value. If we are talking about adding x with itself, we are subjecting x to a concept which is definitively not free/alone and hence not Laissez Faire Schematic of Capitalism. (4) Paragraph can be defined as a passage in text that is about a different subject from the preceding text, marked by commencing on a new line. Regarding Post Script, please understand the explanation started in a new paragraph. (5) Most of my blog posts, are my attempt to record my observations. I try my best, to fully capture my emotion/ observation, and do justice to it. I am not making an attempt to showcase my proficiency with words, and probably will not be able to satisfy your need for economy of words. (6)Post – Modernist Literature: I am not really sure, if any of my posts talk about subjects with established styles, and my explanation is a departure from such a style. I have never claimed that my blog or any of my posts have a genre attached with it. I definitely appreciate any comment I receive. Whether it is constructive or not, really depends on the meat of the argument.