Filed under: chain-gang
This post is deprecated.
You can find more updated text and audio here.
All transcripts and some audio files are now out.
Status: basically formatted, not proofread. Don’t use yet for direct
quotes; word-for-word transcripts coming late Monday.
Let me know if you see anything wrong… or have good quotes to add.
- Friday morning | text | audio (26MB) | All manner of things, keyed off of presentations.
- Friday afternoon | text | audio | Ditto, with big media finally starting to speak out in the last third of the day.
- Friday evening | text | audio | Weinberger’s brilliant “stand-up philosophy” on a trio of subjects
- Saturday morn | text | audio
(32MB) | On podcasting, and an open discussion about scenarios by Dan
Gillmor and Jimmy Wales and (at the very end) tools.
- Saturday lunch | text | audio |
- Saturday open session | text | audio
(22MB) | Final session. Informal, moderated by Dave Winer in the
spirit of the BloggerCon wrapups, with audience members from the
community. (Only 5+ people from the community came… and half of
the invitees had to leave after the previous session, partly due to the
- Many short podcasts from Andy Carvin, before, during, and after the conference.
I began to say on IRC that I wasn’t going to post the last session’s
transcript right away, b/c it needed editing… couldn’t believe myself
🙂 The trouble was just that the two Dave W’s got a bit
confusing, and one or two sections were out of order. Smoke that
in your reliability pipe… I did a quick 5-min pass
over the file to correct glaring confusions, but take the last
transcript with an extra grain of salt.
I will clean up the transcripts a bit later tonight, but they should be referencable now. And I’d like your help:
there are a few sections of the transcripts where a speaker’s name is
unclear (for the new speakers at the open session), or where a
paper/website is referenced but not spelled out… if you can tell me
what those are, I would really appreciate it. I’d also love to
know about early news articles on the conference… anything before
tomorrow afternoon counts.