I’m Drained…and the City is Getting There, Too

I don’t know why I’m so tired lately. But I’ve just not been sleeping as well as I’d like to – even with our new Sleep Number/Select Number bed*. I think a good part of it is the weather. We had non-stop rain for the past two days and received 7 inches (of rain – keep it clean). My train home from work yesterday was delayed by 30 minutes because the tracks and signals were completely submerged.

But today, things started draining again as the rain slowed to a drizzle. Still, there’s been no sunshine in days and rumor is that we won’t see sun again until next Tuesday (could even get snow before then). I need some natural light. Maybe I have Seasonal Effective Disorder. Time to lock me in a room with one of those natural light lamp things.

Nothing much to post. The excitement of my day was having my annual physical exam this morning and having my testicles rubbed by my doctor. I really do need a life.

Since my camera batteries are still dead I wasn’t able to photograph my testicles being rubbed or even my dinner (pierogi’s and broccoli). So here’s a photo of downtown Salem. Our old condo is the brick building behind the green clock on the left and that’s my shadow in the cobblestone.

*In the store I determined I was an 80 but now that it’s in the home I tend to be a 40 or 45. I find that odd since the whole reason we got the new bed was that the other one was so old the mattress was too soft. Go figure.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by matt on April 3, 2004 12:31 pm

So your 33 year old doctor “rub” your balls? Are you sure it isn’t more of a grope/squeze? Why don’t you buy some new batteries for the camera? I think there is an issue with our bed — we should have them come check it out.

Oh! Not sure why you wouldn’t be sleeping well. Rain helps me sleep. Drugs are the answer!