Walk and Talk

Today I met up with my friend, Jason, for lunch and conversation (see his picture in the new “Friends/Family” section of my photo gallery…it’ll be a bit sparse in there until I start taking more pictures of friends).

After meeting at my place, we walked to Salem Street and had pizza. I ordered one slice of spinach pizza – which was a good thing since their “slices” are 1/4 of an entire large pizza. This thing was huge! I’m apologizing in advance to Matt because it had garlic.

We then walked to the waterfront, sat on a bench and chatted for a long time. It was quite nice. You know how there are times when you just need to be heard? You’re not fishing for advice of feedback – you just want to get stuff of your chest. Well, that’s what happened and it was quite therapeutic.

We then walked back to the North End to Caffe Vittorio and continued the conversation over cappucino and cannoli (him) and San Pellegrino and chocolate mousse cake (for me). By this time, though, I let him do more of the talking and I did the listening. I’m good that way!

But with beach season coming, I think I need to figure out how to have these conversations in environments that don’t include food.

1. Comment by Jason on May 23, 2004 6:22 pm

It was a very nice walk and talk. Very therapeutic for me as well. Anything that ends with cannoli and coffee is therapeutic.

2. Comment by matt on May 23, 2004 8:27 pm

10 to 1, karl was talking about me. blah, blah, blah, blah.

3. Comment by matt on May 23, 2004 9:15 pm

As a matter of fact, you did come up in the conversation! I was telling him how fabulous you are!

4. Comment by matt on May 23, 2004 10:48 pm

ah, that is so sweet!

5. Comment by Salina on May 24, 2004 2:14 pm

I’m so excited you put up pictures of everyone! It’s great to be able to put faces with names.

6. Comment by rob on May 27, 2004 10:28 am

ummm, jason is sooo cute.
    love his glasses.
    is he available for walk and talk in NYC…?

7. Comment by Jason on June 6, 2004 8:58 pm

thanks Rob. I can walk and talk in NYC, but nothing else.