My Annual August Malaise (also known as ma’am)

I’ve been dealing with MA’AM for over a decade now. It’s hard to explain, but every year in August, I start developed symptoms of exhaustion and low energy. Actually, I may even have blogged about this before…but because of MA’AM, I’m too lazy to look back and investigate.

Perhaps it has to do with the sun setting earlier and rising later? I’ve never had Seasonal Effective Disorder (and that normally doesn’t kick in until late fall/winter for the people I know who suffer from it). Or perhaps it has to do with the heat and humidity of August? But this August (actually, the whole summer) has been pretty mild.

At first I was thinking I was exhausted beause I had such a busy (but fun) weekend. But I did nothing last night but sit on my ass and watch TV. I even took a bath with this special bath oil stuff I got at Bed Bath Origins Body Works and Beyond, Etc..(or whatever it’s called) and then got into bed by 9:30PM. And I’m still tired today.

But now I officially think I have MA’AM again. I’ve been at work for 20 minutes and I’m ready for a nap.

1. Comment by chris on August 24, 2004 2:33 pm

sorry to have disrupted your schedule so violently!like your dusty, all that extra stimulus of having a guest in the house made you weary! but you did have a good time playing tourguide didnt you?…then again, it could be the ‘heat’ (as if!) thats getting to you, eveyone moves a little bit less quickly in the summer.

2. Comment by Mery on July 23, 2005 4:53 am

The text was good, but i stil cant find the play ipdates. looking for it dude.

3. Comment by Peter Jackson on July 23, 2005 11:44 pm

A heap of wheat, says the Song of Songs
    but I’ve never seen wheat in a pile 🙂
    did you like it?

4. Comment by Richard Davis on July 25, 2005 1:44 am

Nice one, but what about der weg ? anywya, congrats from me.