A Sigh of Relief

The past two weeks have been chaotic. Two weeks ago today, Matt and I ended a nearly decade-long relationship. My niece has been in and out of the hospital and went through some serious surgery. I had a computer class project from hell that I submitted Tuesday. Election night kept me on the edge of my seat and then suprised, and ultimately, disappointed me (and nearly half the country). To top it all off, I had a mid-term exam last night.

But the minute I left the class room last night, my mood lifted. I guess the exam was the last big stresser I had and now my mind suddenly feels open again. It was such an unfamiliar feeling to me lately that it felt odd at first. I’m not dancing in the streets happy today (mostly because I don’t dance), but I’m feeling more optimistic.

I’m heading to Cape Cod tomorrow to help my parents figure out how to use their new computer. I’m also bringing Dusty to stay with them while we sell the condo. Matt still plans to take her back once he gets his own apartment.

There’s also a chance our region could get it’s first snow fall (mostly outside the city and just at trace of it). That always gets me excited for winter. And I’m seeing loads of Christmas commercials (for the Radio City Rockettes, toy stores, etc…) and some stores are already decking the halls with boughs of holly (Restoration Hardware was already decorated before Halloween…which may even be a little too early for me). This is my season.

1. Comment by David on November 4, 2004 12:30 pm

Yeah! Karl! Glad you have a spring in your step. Now about getting you “SPRUNG”.
    David(the MA one)

2. Comment by chrispy on November 4, 2004 2:00 pm

Santa wants to bring karl a “Fred Durst Lookin-Leather Pant wearin-Cubby Fuzzy-Light S&M-Babydaddy” guy for Christmas, but doesnt know where to find one for him in the Boston Metro Area. any suggestions?

3. Comment by Jason on November 4, 2004 8:25 pm

I keep trying to get you to dance, but you keep up with that silly mantra that you don’t dance.

4. Comment by chrispy on November 4, 2004 11:44 pm

no booze, no dancing, no pills or powders, and a whooooole lotta sexual frustration. hmmm, how do we get karl to relax?