Tums…Tum Tum Tum…TUMS

I’ve not taken any Tums yet…but I wouldn’t rule it out. We met with our neighbors last night and they are very interesting in buying our unit. We’re now hashing out the deal. It’s not a given that we’ll end up agreeing on a price/scenario – but the interest is there on both parties.

I’m royally pissed off at the brokerage firm. After posting my blog yesterday, I got calls and emails from the broker confirming that if we sign with them – even though we found our neighbors without their help, they’d take a commission. They also refused to tell us what amount the other offers were for and refused to tell unless we signed. And then one of them called back and blatantly lied – saying that we should sign the agreement because they served us in good faith by advertising, promoting and marketing our unit. Yet I knew that wasn’t the case because the other broker told me earlier that morning that they had never advertised our unit since an ad they place for a condo across the hall resulted in that condo being sold within two days. So they they just showed our unit instead of that one.

What kills me is that when I first contacted them nearly two weeks ago, I told them we were eager to sell and to leave us any contracts to sign (under our door or at the concierge). They never did it and that wasn’t my fault.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon I left them a voicemail that our neighbors were meeting with their financial planner at 4PM and I would know that night whether our neighbors were interested or not. The brokers never responded. But when I got back from class last night, the broker apparently slid the key under our door with no note and no explanation. It seems kind of petty to me. I mean, they’re risking the chance for a handsome commission if our neighbor’s deal falls through. Why burn bridges? Screw ’em.

On a lighter note, I walked by a fabulous stereotype this morning on my way to work. It was on the Harvard Law School campus and I saw a petite blonde woman wearing 100% pink. She had a short/tight pink skirt, pink turtleneck, pink sweater, pink coat and a pink jacket (they were all different shades of pink). I swear she was trying to look like Elle Woods (of Legally Blonde). All that was missing was the dog. Anyway, it made me smile. Unfortunately, I couldn’t hold back the smile until after I had passed her so I think she may have thought I was either flirting or making fun of her.

1. Comment by Karl on November 10, 2004 11:24 am

ARGH! Not minutes after posting this entry, I got an email from the broker again. Apparently, they don’t hate us because she wants to know what to tell her buyer(s).

2. Comment by Allen on November 10, 2004 1:05 pm

She may not hate you, but aren’t you starting to hate her? Do you have to use her firm? (what do I know–I own a car and that’s it)

3. Comment by Karl on November 10, 2004 1:07 pm

Nope – definitely don’t “have” to use her..which is why I can’t understand why she’s being so obnoxious. There are some benefits to using her as our building was brand new when we moved in and she works for the exclusive brokerage firm for the initial sales (meaning, knowledge of the building, client base, etc…).

I eventually emailed her later this afternoon and said no.

4. Comment by David on November 10, 2004 4:28 pm

I don’t know. I’d toast her.

5. Comment by chrispy on November 10, 2004 5:42 pm

stop and think a moment about not using that realtor!

i know this situation seems too good to be true, but dont leave your ass unprotected by not knowing all the legal ins and outs of selling property. do your homework, and dont get taken advantage of.

in a case like this where youre thinking “im going to save all this $$$ by not using a realtor”, you may be paying out the wazoo for lawyers in the long run.

save yourself the heartache and drama and use the realtor. please.

6. Comment by Will on November 11, 2004 9:14 am

Karl, I think Chris makes a good point. A borker can do quickly and easily things that might cost you a lot of time and effort. And a lawyer is going to be involved either way, so you won’t get out of it without paying something. Also, with a broker running things, she could referee a bidding war among prospective buyers and you could come out way ahead.

Anyway, best of luck. Hope you guys are both OK.

7. Comment by David in Chicago on November 11, 2004 11:35 am

Ain’t that a bitch? Walking down the sidewalk alone, laughing to the joke in your own head, with the world thinking you’re a nutter.

8. Comment by Lucy on July 4, 2005 6:32 am

celebrex http://www.bestrx-drugs.com

9. Comment by Daniel on July 5, 2005 3:37 am

celebrex http://www.bestrxpills.com

10. Comment by Mery on July 22, 2005 9:37 pm

The text was good, but i stil cant find the play ipdates. looking for it dude.

11. Comment by Peter Jackson on July 23, 2005 4:45 pm

A heap of wheat, says the Song of Songs
    but I’ve never seen wheat in a pile 🙂
    did you like it?

12. Comment by Richard Davis on July 24, 2005 6:08 pm

Nice one, but what about der weg ? anywya, congrats from me.

13. Comment by Hans Millard on July 31, 2005 9:44 am

sehr gut Saite. Was machen Sie mein Freund?
    keep it up !