Pimpin’

What a great bunch of friends I have! I’ve been single less than a month and two of my friends are already trying to hook me up with people! I say “hook up” because these meetings may or may not result in actual dates. In fact, I’m completely open to making new friends if that’s all they’re looking for. But it’s nice that my friends think highly enough of me to pimp me out.

Now if life can just slow down for me to enjoy meeting new people. I had a nice Thanksgiving with family and then returned to Boston Friday night after spending the day furniture shopping. On Saturday, I got together with my friend, Jason, and we did more furniture/appliance shopping. Yesterday (Sunday), Matt and I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and picked up all of the necessities (bed spreads, pillows, sheets) we realized we’d need since everything we own is being divided in two.

I’ll help Matt move into his new place this Thursday (I’ll go with him since our current condo will have no furniture). Then the following Friday Matt will help me move into my place. I think after that night – my life will return to normal (well, as normal as my life has ever been).

Oh, and the Salvation Army man was at North Station again today – but without the dog. Apparently, he didn’t read my blog and is unaware of the “sex sells” or “cuteness sells” concepts I proposed last week.

1. Comment by jeff on November 29, 2004 12:21 pm

“I know this guy…”

2. Comment by chris on November 29, 2004 1:08 pm

um, refresh my memory. if the sale of your unit isnt going to closing until next year, why do you have to vacate with such immediacy?

and, why cant you stay in the condo until you get to move into your own place, without having to move WITH matt? why move twice when you can move once? wouldnt that be more efficient?

did you ever write to the guy i hooked you up with in Charlotte?

:OP

3. Comment by David on November 29, 2004 1:51 pm

Hmmm…….
    I know nothing! As Schultzie on Hogan’s Hero’s used to say…
    Yeah, same question at Chris, Why do you have to move twice?

4. Comment by Erica on November 29, 2004 5:03 pm

I third the why-move-twice question.

Also, I jump on the bandwagon of having a friend you might like to meet…

5. Comment by Karl on November 29, 2004 5:16 pm

WOW! Such responses!

I’m not really “moving” in with Matt and then moving to my place a week later. But he’s taking all the furniture (and buying me out of my share) so that once he moves out, all I’d be left with in the old place are my boxes and the computer table.

So, I plan on just crashing at Matt’s place, but not moving any of my things there. Then, a week later, the movers will bring my stuff to my new place. I’m really only moving once.

Um, Eric – who is your friend? I hope it’s not the guy who hates Karl’s!

6. Comment by Erica on November 30, 2004 1:05 pm

No, the guy who hates the name Karl moved to Chicago. Though he is currently single again. 😀

Actually, the friend I have in mind is the Karl-hater’s best friend and ex, though. But don’t hold that against him!

7. Comment by Anelia on September 2, 2005 1:21 am

Your blog is very interesint

8. Comment by Pizza Delivery Chicago on September 9, 2005 10:27 am

California Pizza Kitchen

9. Comment by Springfield Hotels on January 17, 2006 8:24 am

Portland Hotels