My New Ho-Ho-Home

Well, the holiday break has officially begun for me. I left work, went to class, and will not have to return to Harvard until January 3rd! WOO HOO! I love getting a week and a half vacation without having to use a single vacation day.

Oh, and I finally took some pictures of my new apartment!

The rest of the pictures can be found by following the Karl’s Photo Gallery link on the top right. The folder, appropriately enough, is called Apartment (I’m so clever). Check it out! My place even has track lighting – how 80’s! I think I should lounge around in parachute pants listening to Howard Jones.

1. Comment by Doug on December 23, 2004 12:56 am

LOVE your space…its awesome! Hate that in less than 2 weeks you have everything looking perfect, I have been in my house 6 years and still have nothing on the walls.

2. Comment by Jimi Sweet on December 23, 2004 1:05 am

It looks like you’ve been living there for ages… and it’s so clean! Living in a tiny New York apartment, I can’t even imagine having that much room….

3. Comment by Robert on December 23, 2004 6:32 am

Looks like there’s a missing coffee table somewhere… 🙂 What’s behind the partition?? Very nice indeed Karl! Your brand new home!!! hugz!

4. Comment by Thom on December 23, 2004 9:53 am

It looks great, Karl! You made a good choice in going for the charm factor, I think!

5. Comment by Michael C. on December 23, 2004 11:51 am

So where’s your stuff? I’m always so perplexed when I visit people’s apartments (the one’s that look like showplaces) and there’s no stuff anywhere? We’ve got stuff everywhere! Books? Magazines? Mail? Where is it? Happy Holidays!

6. Comment by David in Chicago on December 23, 2004 12:03 pm

Wow. Your place is so cute!

And I agree with Michael C.–I’ve never understood where other people keep their “stuff”. maybe that’s what’s behind the partition.

7. Comment by Karl on December 23, 2004 9:27 pm

Oh, trust me. I’ve got crap loads of junk (even though I purged a great deal while packing). What you’re not seeing are the contents of that wicker stool under the pear picture, the packed shelves in the TV stand, the explosions that are my closets, and the random chaos on the shelves of the computer armoire.

Oh, and don’t even dare peek in the kitchen cabinets. These photos are decieving…it’s all in the lighting. hehe

8. Comment by jeff on December 24, 2004 10:12 am

It looks fabulous and damn, you unpack awfully fast! 6 months or so and we’re still finding things to unpack here and there.

Merry Christmas!

9. Comment by Erica on December 25, 2004 3:11 am

Ooh, it’s LOVELY! So warm and cozy!

Happy Christmas!

10. Comment by Underling on December 25, 2004 6:44 pm

Oh Karl…I LOVE IT!!!

I only hope I can find something a 10th as cute next month when I start me search…

11. Comment by Underling on December 25, 2004 6:46 pm

Oh Karl…I LOVE IT!!!

12. Comment by Kathleen on December 26, 2004 10:29 am

It’s great!

Hope you had a nice holiday.