More Man, More Mans, Mormons

I saw another gaggle of Mormons in the subway station this morning. I don’t know what it is, but they fascinate me. Any institution that can talk a teenager into wearing a suit every day must have some pretty powerful skills of influence (dare I say manipulation?).

I mean, I’ve not worn a suit in over 4 years. In fact, the one or two suits I do own were Matt’s (and are from the early to mid-nineties). I’m sure if I decided to convert to being Mormon I’d be the laughing stock of the elders. I wonder if they get a wardrobe allowance? Perhaps I should explore this as a means of getting a decent suit?

Anyway, it’s January 14th and I woke up to 63 degrees and humidity….in NEW ENGLAND! This is just all wrong. What’s even more wrong is that by the time my flight to Washington, DC leaves this afternoon, it’s going to be in the 30’s with snow showers – and that’s just 7 hours from now.

So, by this evening I’ll be in DC (and probably freezing cold because this bizarre weather left me packing very inappropriately) so I’m not sure how much internet access I’ll have over the course of the holiday weekend. I’ll try to update periodically if Chris lets me use his computer. Otherwise, I brought my digital camera and should be able to bore you with pictures when I get back.

1. Comment by Will on January 14, 2005 12:00 pm

Bore away! I love other people’s vacation pictures, but then, I’m known to be weird. Bon voyage!

2. Comment by chrispy on January 14, 2005 12:08 pm

isnt it M-O-R-M-O-N-S ?

pack your parka, its going to be 35 for a high on sunday and monday!

3. Comment by Karl on January 14, 2005 12:14 pm

Hey, Chris! OOPS – how strange? I know how to spell Mormon (since I wrote about Mormon’s a few weeks ago). I guess I was too focused on the “MAN” part of the word.

It’s fixed now!

4. Comment by Scott on January 14, 2005 1:10 pm

Don’t tell anyone, but I’ve always had a certain fantasy about a certain thing happening after two youthful, innocent Mormon missionaries come knocking on my door.

😉

5. Comment by karyn on January 14, 2005 3:51 pm

I still don’t get why they’re wearing suits. It was all very dashing when Cary Grant wore them but that was then and this is now and what the hell?

Have fun in DC. xxoo

6. Comment by jeff on January 14, 2005 7:21 pm

Have fun down in DC!

7. Comment by matt on January 15, 2005 3:02 am

Hope the plane ride went well for you and that you guys are having a blast. Have always thought you would love DC. Can’t wait to see the pix!

8. Comment by Phany on August 24, 2005 5:47 pm

You are the best. Thank you http://www.bignews.com

9. Comment by Google Search Engine on September 2, 2005 10:14 am

Better Search Engine Placement

10. Comment by Heart Healthy Diet on September 5, 2005 11:02 am

Healthy Heart

11. Comment by Goodyear Tyres on September 15, 2005 9:09 am

Used Tyres

12. Comment by High School Football on September 26, 2005 9:57 am

Football Bet

13. Comment by Milan Hotels on January 13, 2006 8:28 am

Indianapolis Hotels