Very Sly

As I was walking to work this morning I saw a truck delivering magazines. On the side was the cover of the premiere issue of a new magazine: Sly. After staring a few minutes longer I noticed that the cover model was, in fact, Sly himself: Sylvester Stallone.

Of course, upon arriving at my office I had to immediately do an on-line search for this magazine to see if it’s true (I was kind of hoping it was just some movie advertising tie-in). But it’s true – it’s an authentic magazine. Though, there apparently already exists a Sly Magazine dedicated to an obsession with shoes and accessories (www.slymagazine.com). But don’t you worry, Rambo’s magazine has it’s own website called (I love this) www.getbig.com/magazine/sly/sly.htm. His magazine is about bodybuilding, fitness and nutrition. ugh.

Maybe it’s because I’m gay – but I think I’d much rather read a magazine about buying fun things than the benefits of eating wheatgerm and lifting 250 pounds in free-weights. Where’s the fun in that? Where’s Tina Brown when you need her?

1. Comment by David on March 7, 2005 11:42 am

Karl!
    Stop being such a queen. It’s to go with his new Mark Burnett show tonight on NBC.
    The Contender. He and Sugar Ray Leonard and some boxing hopefuls are starting a reality show.
    But if you prefer Kristie Alley’s “Fat Actress” starts tonight on Showtime.

2. Comment by jeff on March 7, 2005 12:05 pm

Nah…go get yourself an issue of Men’s Health – it’s the psuedo-straight men’s lifestyle magazine. You’ll get those work-out tips along with information the best place to get your hair cut or something like that…I laugh everytime I flip through a copy, wondering what straight guy really reads it.

3. Comment by Jay on March 7, 2005 2:41 pm

You so need to get over not wanting to workout.

4. Comment by chris on March 7, 2005 4:21 pm

karls idea of excercise is lifting his…….hands to his mouth to shovel a one pound bag of gummy worms into his gullet. the really frightening thing is that he still has the body of a 16 year old! he must have the metabolism of a ferret! but one day his metabolism will slow down and maybe he’ll start to get into the gym thing. the rest of us will have to resort to “SLY”.

the premise of the magazine isnt bad, keeping pretty after 40. its better than surgery, eh?

5. Comment by Karl on March 7, 2005 4:30 pm

Chris! You only saw me do that once! Still, my metabolism has changed since I was in my teens and twenties. In lieu of exercising, though, I try to eat less…and eat less “bad” things. I still snack just as often (usually I’m snacking on something at least every hour or two).

But, given the opportunity to consume gummy worms…I will.

6. Comment by e on March 7, 2005 6:04 pm

Um most work out magazines are soft core porn for gay boys who want to pretend they can pass for straight and the closeted boys who hate them. If, like Men’s Health, Sly’s editors realize this they will probabaly do allright. If they don’t the magazine will not last a year.

And Karl, YOU do NOT need to get over working out. Working-out sucks. Just make sure your stay healthy and get exercise that’s fun and works for you.
    e

7. Comment by Pesho on September 1, 2005 7:58 pm

Good blog

8. Comment by Political Cartoon on September 2, 2005 9:52 am

Cartoon Joke

9. Comment by Gutter Cleaning on September 2, 2005 10:07 am

Steam Cleaning

10. Comment by Sailing Magazine on September 7, 2005 12:33 pm

Caribbean Sailing Vacation

11. Comment by Glass Blowing on September 14, 2005 7:16 am

Stained Glass Window

12. Comment by Beijing hotels on February 7, 2006 10:02 pm

Beijing hotels

13. Comment by Denver hotels on February 10, 2006 11:49 am

Denver hotels

14. Comment by Jacksonville hotels on February 13, 2006 5:33 pm

Jacksonville hotels

15. Comment by Nice hotels on February 22, 2006 6:25 am

Nice hotels