Karl and Rich Go To Underground Video

Somehow, that doesn’t have as clever a ring to it as “Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle”. But while at the video store, that’s one of the DVD’s we rented. It was my idea because I’d read so much about it. Critics were saying it was very clever and a new kind of stoner flick.

Now, to be honest, I didn’t think I’d like the movie. I mean, there is nothing about it I can relate to. It’s about a straight Korean guy, a straight Indian guy, fast food, and marijuana. So, not only am I not straight, Korean or Indian, I hate fast food and don’t use drugs.

Yet, I loved this movie. I laughed continuously from beginning to end. Such fun!

The rest of my weekend was nice, too. Rich and I canceled plans to meet up with my friends David and Chad on Saturday because meteorologists were predicting the worst rains an flooding the area has seen sinc 1987. What a joke. It rained Friday night and Saturday morning…then stopped all day Saturday until around 11PM. So, we could have gotten together. Instead, we ate at Belle Luna in Jamaica Plain. We tried going to the Milky Way (bowling)…but it was packed (and the staff was rude…you’d think we were tying to gain entry to Studio 54 at its peak in 1978).

1. Comment by David on April 4, 2005 12:05 pm

I know, I was expecting a Monsoon, and you with your flooding T stations. It totally sucked!! Chad was so overtired though. He slept till 11am. He’s never done that…….
    We have nothing this week, so we’ll be more rested up for next Saturday. We saw Harold and Kumar a while ago. I thought it was funnier then he did. Did you know they were from Van Wilder?

2. Comment by jeff on April 4, 2005 1:46 pm

Moe made me drive around on Sunday to see the “flooding” but beyond most of the rivers being slightly out of their banks and the roads having big puddles, there wasn’t much. Compared to what they were forecasting, it wasn’t anything at all!