The Power of the Internet

I’m famous! (not really)

I got an email from a long lost co-worker from two jobs and 7+ years ago. His emailed asking if I was the Granola from God guy. Confused, I replied that I have a blog and wrote about them, but I am not, in fact, the Chosen Granola One.

He then responded that he read about me in the Boston Globe on Sunday!!!!!!! So, I looked at the Boston Globe on-line and lo-and-behold…there I am! Obviously, since this is a surprise to me I wasn’t interviewed. Actually, all they did was mention me in their blog log and include a quote. Still, considering the number of blogs and blog entries from New England citizens over the past week, I’m still flattered that I was selected! Here’s the link (which will likely be a broken link within the next day or so).

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/04/03/from_tears_on_the_t_to_genteel_relief_in_the_fens/

How cool is that!?!?! Actually, I guess it’s not all that cool. It’s just the Boston Globe and not Time magazine. But still – wow. Yay me. Apparently some people must have read it because it got the attention from somebody I worked with in 1998!

1. Comment by matt on April 4, 2005 6:33 pm

Wow! I think this is REALLY cool! Boston Globe is very well respected!!! This is awesome! Congrats, O-Might Granoloa God! …I guess you friend didn’t read it too carefully! LOL! Do I know this person???

2. Comment by Will on April 4, 2005 7:00 pm

Well, we always knew you had star potential! 🙂

3. Comment by Underling on April 5, 2005 10:27 am

I’m so impressed. Name in print and all. Glad to see you finally getting the attention and respect you deserve.

Pity they didn’t list a URL…

4. Comment by David on April 5, 2005 10:29 am

My God, Will Chad, Rich and I have to run iterferance from the adoring crowds when we go out to dinner on Saturday. “Can’t you see he’s trying to eat, you silly Queen?” He’ll sign copies of the paper after dinner, now make yourself useful and go and save us a table at Finales………:)

5. Comment by David on April 5, 2005 10:29 am

My God, Will Chad, Rich and I have to run iterferance from the adoring crowds when we go out to dinner on Saturday? “Can’t you see he’s trying to eat, you silly Queen?” He’ll sign copies of the paper after dinner, now make yourself useful and go and save us a table at Finales………:)

6. Comment by Salina on April 5, 2005 12:50 pm

Doh! Ryan and I saw that last week! Actually, Ryan read it and recognized you first. I’m so sorry for forgetting to mention it. I’ve had the article on my coffee table for a week now, meaning to bring it in. I’m not famous, but I’ll happily bask in the glow of my famous friend!

7. Comment by chrispy on April 5, 2005 4:49 pm

your name in lights! star power indeed! but no props for the blog! what gives?

8. Comment by Erica on April 14, 2005 3:57 pm

Adam Gaffen, the guy who runs Boston Common / Universal Hub, is I think the one who does the Globe’s blog column now too. So if he notices you on Universal Hub (which he did, I remember seeing him noting you there), then he’s all that more likely to pick your post for a weekly highlights in the Globe. Fun! 🙂