Cliche’

For the first time in a long time I think I can honestly say that the weekend went by too quickly. It was a very pleasurable weekend – and completely stress free and relaxed – yet I still did not want to get up this morning. Though, part of that may be because it was round 70 degrees yesterday so I left the all the windows open. But this morning when my alarm went off, the temperature had dropped to 39 degrees yet I still had all the windows open. It was much nicer being tucked under covers than it was to be running from window to window trying to close them.

But I did have fun over the weekend. I did absolutely nothing on Friday night. Nothing. On my way home from work I went to the butcher shop and got some primo breasts of chicken and then cooked one for dinner. After that, it was magazines, internet, television, showering and sleep (the last two being two of my favorite things).

On Saturday, I got together for lunch with a friend in the North End (props to Heath). Then Saturday evening I went to dinner at Laurel with Rich, David and Chad…and then on to dessert at Finale. So much for firming up the belly for summer.

With the perfect weather on Sunday, Rich and I walked to the Garment District where I bought a pair of pants (Chris…I think you’ll be proud). Then we went to the Leather District and Downtown Crossing.

Of course, all of my weekends over the past month have included going to Regina’s condo to continue cleaning it out so we worked on it briefly yesterday afternoon….mostly just enough so that when her brother and his family arrive this Friday for the memorial, they’ll be able to walk around. I’m not sure how this happened, but despite having filled up a dumpster 4 times, the condo looks more cramped and messy than ever. Either I’m the worst estate manager or she just had lots of stuff (it makes me feel better to think it’s the latter).

1. Comment by David on April 11, 2005 10:51 am

I got an email from Our Table or whatever it is…The online reservation system saying we didn’t honor our reservations. So I had to go to their site and explain that I was there, and to prove it, I told where we sat, and the whole meat fiasco. That bald dweeb of a host, didn’t complete the transaction at Laurels.ERRR.
    We did have fun meeting Rich though.
    TWO THUMBS UP!!

2. Comment by karyn on April 11, 2005 4:24 pm

It is of course, the latter. And that’s always the way it goes; the more you clean, the messier it gets. Such is life.

Does Downtown Crossing still smell fabulous with the sausage & pepper cart? God, that smell… like the smell outside Fenway… oh Christ! I’m pining for the city!! AAAGH!

3. Comment by karyn on April 11, 2005 4:25 pm