A Happy Day

Despite the gloomy weather,  today is a very good day.

First – I’m feeling relieved because we finally got all of the stuff out of Regina’s condo yesterday. The cleaners are coming on Saturday and the first open house will take place on Sunday. The worst of the work is over. (yay)

Second – I got the results of the bloodwork (from my recent physical) this morning. My “bad” cholesterol has gotten better and I tested negative for HIV. (woo hoo)

Third – I realized how much I appreciated living in Boston this morning as I was crossing busy Cambridge Street during morning rush hour and a cop was in the intersection directing traffic. Even still, I just started crossing against the red light and the cop didn’t bat an eye. In other cities, you’d get arrested for jaywalking. In Boston, you can do it just inches away from a cop and they don’t care. This is my kind of city.

Fourth – I got a great email from a friend that included lots of pictures of places I’d also been before. It brought back so many memories and we all know how I love to live in the past.

Life is good – I don’t mind if mother nature is raining on my parade today.

1. Comment by David on April 27, 2005 2:00 pm

She’s raining so good stuff can grow Karl!
    Good lab results. I just got an ok from my pcp’s nurse. I’m actually doing my physical in june. Of course last week my pcp was on vacation and there was a lab error with my potassium reading and I had to go back up to Dedham at 700pm and get a stat blood draw. It was then normal. Of course………..

2. Comment by matt on April 27, 2005 7:38 pm

Excellent! I know that this has been tough on you!

3. Comment by matt on April 27, 2005 7:38 pm

…of course, that Cambridge cop would have arrested me — but that is a different story and follows my luck!