I Hate Jason (just kidding)

Last night I got together with Jason (from Ex Post Facto blog fame) for some pizza and rummy. Everything was going well…until he kicked my ass at rummy. We played to 1,000 points and at one point I swear his score was nearly triple my score. I did pull through in the end so that he only won by 200 points. But still – it was an embarrassing evening for competitive ole’ me.

Even more embarrassing for both of us was that we watched VH-1 Classics while playing cards and at 9PM they had their “Headline Act” show where they play various videos from one performer. Last night’s featured performer was Lionel Richie…and we both knew all the words and, gasp, admitting to even liking the songs.

Please don’t mock us.

1. Comment by Underling on July 19, 2005 11:31 am

That’s not sad. That’s not sad at all.

2. Comment by chrispy on July 19, 2005 11:56 am

lionel richie is the *Heart Of Darkness*

3. Comment by jeff on July 19, 2005 12:35 pm

well no one mocked me for reading the latest Harry Potter book, so you’re safe over here.

4. Comment by JC on July 19, 2005 3:00 pm

Perhaps Lionel is to blame for my stunning victory. “Dancing on the Ceiling” is pure magic!

5. Comment by karyn on July 19, 2005 5:07 pm

Don’t mock you? Dude, you posted that on the internet. What’d you expect?! Heehee. Just kidding. I’m with Jeff; if I can covet a wand and spend two days neglecting my family to devour a book that my husband was dispatched at midnight to purchase, then I can’t mock your Lionel Richie fetish. 8-D

6. Comment by Robert on July 19, 2005 5:36 pm

ALL NIGHT LONG! woohoooo!

7. Comment by David on July 20, 2005 12:04 pm

No its really really sad. All of you people are being way too nice. I knew Lionel hit rock bottom when he opened for Tina Turner a few years ago. He’s not dancing on the ceiling anymore…especially with that whacked out adopted daughter being a nut case…….

8. Comment by Brad on July 20, 2005 5:51 pm

Consider yourself mocked! Hmm. Now you’ve got me singing Lionel Richie songs in my head — damn you!