And They’re Off (again)!

I do love my Provincettown. I just returned from along weekend less than two weeks ago and I’m heading down there again today. After hearing the weather forecast, I decided to see if I could get one extra night down there (Friday night). The guest house we’re staying at Saturday and Sunday had no availability for Friday. I called at least 30 other guesthouses, inns, bed-and-breakfasts and motels and they were all booked up. I suspected I would run into this problem since most places have 5-7 night minimums in the summer. But I was optimistic that I could find at least one place that had one 5 or 7 day reservation that ended Thursday and another that began on Saturday – leaving Friday open

And after hours of research, I found it! It’s a wee bit more than I wanted to spend, but it’s directly on the harbor with an ocean front balcony (and air-conditioning). How could I pass that up?

Now Rich and I will head down to the Cape tonight and crash at my parents (and partake in some competitive Rummy playing, of course) and will then go directly to Herring Cove Beach in Ptown on Friday morning. Then we’re taking it easy Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday: beach, shopping, dining, drag/cabaret shows, nightclubs, people watching. I’m getting relaxed just thinking about it. Unlike my last trip – I’m hoping to take oodles of pictures this time around.

I look forward to boring you all with them next week.

1. Comment by David on August 4, 2005 1:12 pm

Have fun Karl and Rich!!

2. Comment by jeff on August 4, 2005 1:29 pm

Have Fun!

3. Comment by Ben on August 4, 2005 1:48 pm

Sounds almost as quiet as NH!
    Ben

4. Comment by Brad on August 4, 2005 2:31 pm

NH . . . where’s that?

5. Comment by Will on August 4, 2005 3:11 pm

Karl, enjoy!

6. Comment by Thom on August 4, 2005 4:00 pm

Sounds great!

7. Comment by JC on August 4, 2005 5:00 pm

Enjoy!

8. Comment by Robert on August 5, 2005 12:35 pm

Take some naked pictures of each other for us to see, we would really appreciate it! Thanks and have a great time! 🙂

9. Comment by Scott on August 5, 2005 4:28 pm

You should look up Patrick from Traveling Spotlight, he’s bartending in one of the bars in P-town (I don’t know which one). I’d like it if you walked in, gave him a big kiss, and said it’s from Indiana Scott. You’d make his day, promise.

10. Comment by karyn on August 8, 2005 11:25 pm

Would you please hurry your ass home and blog some more, possibly multiple times each day? I am running out of stuff to read. 😉