Feeling Fishy

I’m not sure what got into me yesterday, but I suspect it was bad fish. On Monday, I ate the fish at the Hark (the law school cafeteria) and then had fish again that evening at Legal Seafood’s. By Monday night my poor belly was gurgling unpleasantly and yesterday it simply progressed.

This wasn’t the usual anxiety/stress cramps I occasionally get (and which I’m all too familiar with). These were similar pains as I felt before getting hit with the flu earlier this year. Fortunately, they didn’t progress as they did that time. But yesterday was a rather unpleasant day.

However, I didn’t let it stop me from enjoying a yummy dinner (no fish, thank you) at Upstairs on the Square. This is a fabulously tacky establishment with the most delicious food located in Harvard Square. I mean, how many places can pull of chair backs painted in gold on leopard and zebra skin carpets with a mirrored ceilings, wood paneled fireplaces, purple counters…and did I mention pink walls? Pure sensory overload (I should have experienced my patchouli and Bubble Yum moment here).

I was in the company of Rich, Ben and Brad so the conversation was constantly flowing and I think we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves  – despite the fact that we ate so early in the evening. he he

Today, Rich and I are heading off to the Cape for Thanksgiving once I get out of work. Since he’s not able to make it out to his family in Chicago, my family is hosting him. However, being white trash, we’ve informed him that he’s responsible for making the meal. My Mom (who is doing better since her fall in October) already did all of the grocery shopping. Now it’s up to Rich to work his kitchen magic and feed me, my parents, my brother, his wife and their two kids! What was he thinking when he accepted the offer? hehe

Actually, it shouldn’t be too bad for him. I suspect we’ll mostly play rummy and watch DVD’s. It should be fun. I wonder if we’ll see wild turkeys running around outside like we did a few years ago? Dusty will more surely have a field day.

1. Comment by Doug on November 23, 2005 10:29 am

Have a great Thanksgiving Karl….Gobble all you can…

2. Comment by JC on November 23, 2005 11:23 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Karl. Give my best to Rich and your family as well!

3. Comment by karyn on November 23, 2005 12:14 pm

Hope you all have a great day. We will be at my brother’s place for the day, I am looking forward to naptime and playing Taboo or Pictionary or something that does not involve Thomas The Tank Engine. Have fun and give my love to all –

4. Comment by Will on November 23, 2005 2:40 pm

Karl and Rich, Happy Thanksgiving! And all my best to the Colemans.

5. Comment by atari_age on November 23, 2005 8:19 pm

Happy thanksgiving, Karl! I think you got the bug that’s going around. I hope tomorrow you will be able to enjoy good food.

6. Comment by Brad on November 28, 2005 11:53 am

And did Dusty have a heavenly day? 🙂