Remember Me?

Hey, poodles. Sorry for not being around. This has been on crazy week. After my hyper-social weekend (actually ending on Monday night), I started training my replacement at the office so I’ve had no time to update my blog.

But now I’m settled into my new private office in another building…

…and I’m lonely.

How odd, huh? I mean, I just moved in yesterday. But in most of my previous jobs, the entire company was an “open” environment where even management had workstations/cubicles. My previous office at Harvard was an office, but there was another person in it (we never spoke…long story…but at least there was always another presence around).

Now I’m located on the top floor in the farthest corner of my new building and there is nobody near me. There’s a conference room next door and a rarely used stairwell across the hall. That’s about it. Hell, I’ve already had to tell people to visit me (thanks Ben, Brad and Adam for obliging).

Perhaps I wouldn’t feel so solitary if I didn’t live alone, too? I don’t know. On the plus side, I’m FINALLY able to play music (and, dare I say, sing?) out loud while I work.

But let’s keep that singing part to ourselves.

Today is a half day at work so I’m out of here at noon and then heading to the Cape for the holiday. I return to Boston Christmas or the day after (weather depending). I’m also considering a trip to New York City (barring a transit strike or any natural disasters) starting next Tuesday.

Still, I’ll do everything I can to be more blog-reliable. Though, I suspect most of my readers will also be going away and not accessing the internet as often.

HMMM – no readers of my blog, no visitors to my office.

Merry F*&%ing Christmas, everybody!

1. Comment by Will on December 23, 2005 11:03 am

Oh, don’t be so dramatic! 🙂 You’ve got readers, you’ve got friends, and now you can do office karaoke. The mind boggles.

Have a great Christmas with the family and let’s get together for lunch soon in the New Year.

Oh, please thank Brad and Ben for being part of the group that commissioned a big composition from my photographer/composer friend Graham Ramsay. WGBH brought Graham and the musicians into the studio to give it a professional recording and will broadcast it the day after Christmas at 3pm.

Hugs from Roslindale where the coyotes run free.

2. Comment by Brad on December 23, 2005 11:04 am

Not to worry . . . I’m still here!

3. Comment by Golden on December 23, 2005 1:12 pm

Simple rule. You write. We read. Sometimes we even comment.
    Have a great Christmas. Say hi to the family for me! We’re going to down on Monday just for the day. Short and sweet.

4. Comment by JC on December 24, 2005 12:17 am

Merry Christmas, Karl. If you’re around next week, give me a call…since we’re both off, perhaps we can do lunch one day?

5. Comment by matt on December 24, 2005 5:27 am

I always hated being stuck in an office. I felt so closed off from everyone.

6. Comment by Robert on December 25, 2005 5:56 pm

Have a warm and peaceful holiday this season Karl!

7. Comment by David on December 26, 2005 11:23 am

Alone you are not.

8. Comment by David in Chicago on January 11, 2006 4:05 pm

Ah, singing while at work. How Julie Andrews of you. Just what are you singing, anyway?