Proud to be an American

I really don’t have much to say about this newspaper clipping…except to say thank you to Mark for forwarding it to me.

1. Comment by chrispy on February 2, 2006 11:08 am

1. walmart is dressy, dollar palace is casual, so which retailer would she be *naked* at, i wonder. ::: 2. test – can we take her to bergdorfs (or target) and see what kind of behavioral reaction she has? ::: too bad there isnt a picture, id love to see the outfit she chose. *snigger*

2. Comment by matt on February 2, 2006 12:27 pm

tragic.

i see her in slip with fuzzy hous shoes and a base ball cap. …but, even still, I thought that was acceptable at WalMart. ???

3. Comment by karyn on February 3, 2006 10:00 am

This unfortunate woman; this comment is going to haunt her forever. I’m hoping she is in a like-minded community where she won’t be the object of scorn whenever she goes out. “Ah, Debra, wearing a bra today eh? Going to WalMart are you?” “Debra! You wore pants! Off to WalMart?” I don’t think it has much to do with being American; poverty and the caste system are global. It reminded me that however difficult I sometimes find my circumstances, there are people who don’t know any other way. Frankly I found it kind of sad.

4. Comment by Brad on February 6, 2006 4:23 pm

Sounds like my Mother who once called Wal-Mart . . . elegant! ARGH!