It Just Dawned on Me

…that I only have about three weeks left of school. In that time, I’ve got a 10-12 page paper due (single-spaced…ugh), a group project due, and a 5-6 page written final exam due. It’s times like these when I regret taking two classes while working full-time.

During my performance review at work, I tried selling myself (as you’re supposed to do) and mentioned how, after I get my degree from Harvard in June (Graducate Certificate in Management….two classes shy of a masters), I may transfer to Suffolk University to get my MBA. My boss ate it up and strongly encouraged me to do so. But I’m just feeling so lazy. I want my life back. I want my weeknights back. I want homework-free weekends. I want to be lazy again.

Oh, and regarding enlarged pictures on my blog…the Harvard people are working on that. They claim that my photos should be appearing full-size and can’t figure out why they aren’t. Once I figure out how to enlarge them, I will re-post.

I’ve got my annual physical exam tomorrow. I’m a bit nervous since I suspect my doctor is going to yell at me (again). You see, he yells at me in a joking way about not exercising. Fortunately, he’s exactly the same age as me so we have a pretty good doctor/patient relationship (but not in a Falcon video sort of way).

Anyway, my “bad” cholesterol is always great but my “good” cholesterol is consistenly borderline…and that’s solely because I don’t exercise. So, for the past few years he has told me I should start exercising. I tell him I will, then a year later we go through the same conversation all over again. I suspect he may be picking up on my little lies, though, and now I fear his response.

But I did see him at North Station over the summer eating an ice cream from McDonald’s. I guess I can throw that back in his face. Remember that anti-drug TV commercial from the 80’s where the father finds pot and accuses his son of using it? When asked where he learned to do drugs, the child responds: “I learned it from you, Dad! I learned it from you!”.

Well, doc – I learned it from you!

1. Comment by David on April 25, 2006 3:24 pm

Karl, Karl, Karl.
    Wasn’t there a myth that McDonalds Ice Cream/ Shakes are closely chemically structured to plastic.
    So hopefully you will make out well. You’ll just have to turn your head and cough, and get the prostate prodding. Pretty soon they’ll be signing you up to get scoped. 🙂

2. Comment by Brad on April 26, 2006 10:43 am

Hmm. Two comments . . . I have no sympathy with you having to do all your classwork as well as work 9-5 . . . remember whose saying this. Also, you say you have a good relationship with the doctor and yet you’re nervous? I hope you are joking that a “good relationship” involves dread. That doesn’t sound very “good” to me. Still, I’m sure that you’ll be fine and have nothing to worry about . . . but, that said, you should still get out there and exercise. It’s good for you!