I’m A’Leaving On a Jet Plane

Though, I do know when I’ll be back again…that would be July 3rd. Mike and I have finally purchased our plane tickets for Europe. We leave for Paris on the 17th of June. After a week or so in Paris, we’ll go to Oxford (Mike will likely leave a few days before me). Then I’ll go to Oxford, then London, then return home in time to celebrate our nation’s birth (such the patriot, I am).

Like the last time I was in Paris, I have no itinerary. After the past semester and with my family medical issues, I’m just looking forward to the escape. Mark (who we’ll be staying with in Paris) said he may be away on vacation part of the time we’re there so after Mike leaves, I could end up with some very solitary times (which I think I could use).

Oh, and then the most surreal thing happened last night. As I was heading to bed around 10:30, the phone rang. I picked it up and it was my cousin (who I’ve not spoken to since last fall when my niece died). She said she was on vacation in San Diego and that she met the most fabulous guy. Before I could congratulate her, she proceeded to try set ME up with him. Apparently, he’s gay, owns a restaurant, lives in a $2 Million home and is cute as a button. Basically, my cousin was pimping me out. She said she was going to see what she could do to take him back to Boston with her. I think she also may have been a bit drunk.

She did give me his match.com profile so I plan on taking a look. Since I already have a boyfriend (did I just say that?) I’m not looking for another one. But I’ll never rule out new friendships. And it’s nice having friends in distant places when vacation time comes around.

1. Comment by Doug on May 11, 2006 9:09 am

Send me his Match.com profile….I would take that kind of cast off 🙂

2. Comment by Karl on May 11, 2006 11:03 am

Woah there, Doug! Let me chat with him a bit first! I must say, I did check out his profile and he’s quite handsome. Though, I suspect this information is only useful if a reader is from San Diego.

3. Comment by karyn on May 12, 2006 8:04 am

Hel-lo… send his profile to Matty; he’s closer and God knows he’s due for something (oops, someone) nice! Sheesh! 😉

Nice to have friends in distant places WHEN VACATION TIME COMES AROUND? You are too much.