Has Anybody Else Noticed…

…that ousted Harvard president, Larry Summers, appears in the television campaign advertisements for republican gubernatorial candidate, Kerry Healey? Yep. After she talks about “the issues”, she’s seen walking down a street with Larry Summers on her right (the viewers’ left). There are also, I believe, 3 other men with her.

He’s also beaming ear to ear. Funny, he never looked that happy while at Harvard.

And what an odd person to appear on screen with her considering how he was such a polarizing character in these parts. You’d think she’d select less high-profile people – like her hair colorist or landscaper. Then again, Mr. Summers’ removal from Harvard was pushed through by uber-liberals so maybe this makes sense that he’s teaming up withe the lone republican candidate. Maybe she’s got a role for him in her administation if, heaven forbid, she wins?

Still stranger things have happened. Remember when wrestler Jesse Ventura became governor of Minnesota? Or when Julia Roberts married Lyle Lovett? Or when everybody wanted Cabbage Patch Kids? Or when Marisa Tomei won the Oscar for My Cousin Vinnie?

1. Comment by Doug on August 18, 2006 9:54 am

I stay away from political topics…but it ANNOYS me that she is pushing an “Education” agenda in MA when her own children attend the PRIVATE school across from my folks house. What does she care about public schooling, she is paying 15k+ a year for her kids???

2. Comment by Jessie on August 18, 2006 10:53 am

I want to be an Uber-Liberal!! I mean, just this side of Willie Nelson because I don’t smoke pot anymore, but still, being an Uber-Liberal sounds like fun. Especially if you get to kick some snotty Republican ass. Maybe we could band together and save the world from George Bush (aka The Shrub, well, in our house that’s what we call him).

I’d like to see her kids in one of the public schools here in New Bedford – I am in them all the time for residency activities, and I have to tell you that I will further stretching my little non-profit salary to send my kid to a private school because… DAMN.

3. Comment by Dana on August 18, 2006 12:59 pm

Hey, Marisa Tomei did a great job in My Cousin Vinnie. I think it is very unfair of you to place her in such list. But then again when did Julia Roberts get married and who is Lyle Lovett?

4. Comment by snarl on August 18, 2006 7:48 pm

I thought Marisa Tomei was great in that movie! But it was a suprise!

Julie married Lyle in the 90’s. It didn’t last long. She’s since remarried, burped out twins, and performed on Broadway.

I feel so lazy in comparison.

5. Comment by karyn on August 21, 2006 8:10 am

BURPED OUT TWINS?

That is so disrespectful and revolting an image that I cannot bring myself to comment upon it further.

Lyle Lovett is a musician / singer. Rather Texasy. Not quite country. I don’t know what you’d call it. Quite unattractive; you’d be hard pressed to find a more unlikely candidate for Julia’s first husband, but there you have it.

6. Comment by Will on August 21, 2006 11:09 am

I don’t think it’s strange at all that Summers is with Healey. As you yourself mentioned, he was a polarizing force at Harvard. Current Republican philosophy, as manifested spectacularly by the current national administration, is to polarize the hell out of the country, demonixing various segments to blind the American people to the Bozo-in-Chief’s blatant inadequacies.

I think Summers might be just what the Republican Party is looking for.

7. Comment by Fred on August 21, 2006 12:11 pm

Hmm…two (give or take) observations…

Lyle Lovett IS odd-looking, but does have a kinda rangy-sexy-ugly thing going on – and ’tis seldom that two staggeringly beautiful people get together (think “Ugly Rockstar Syndrome” – e.g.: Ric Ocasek & Paulina Porizkova), the balance is often more eccentric, hence the Roberts/Lovett thing didn’t strike me as all THAT odd… Two beautiful people would end up shoving each other out of the way to hog the cameras all the time .

Larry Summers, ye may recall, is actually a Democrat/was a Clinton Administration official, at least in his past…current status I’m not sure of, but Herr Doktor Silber he really ain’t, just someone notably impolitic, regardless of party affiliation….