All I Need…Is Litle More Time….

I forget the rest of the lyrics to that 80’s(?) song? Was it Eric Carmen? Anyway, I’m using a little bit of my vacation/personal time for one last Hurrah weekend on Cape Cod. There’s going to be a bunch of us going down and it appears the weather is going to cooperate, for the most part. The rains of this morning are supposed to disappear by late afternoon so Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday day are supposed to be lovely. Rain is expected to return late Sunday afternoon/evening and go into Monday morning.

But I can deal with that. The place I’m staying (with my friend Bobby), is right on the water. The waves literally crash into the base of the building as it juts out into the sand. And we’ll have sliding glass doors onto a private deck over the water. So even if the weather gets bad, it’ll be peaceful just to watch (and hear) the rough waves crashing into the building. I’ve got books and magazines just in case.

So, this long weekend will have me leaving work early today (using a 1/2 personal day) and also another 1/2 or full day on Monday (depending on when I come back). Either way, even after this weekend is over, I’ll still have a minimum of a 1/2 personal day, 22 vacation days and 34 vacation days available to me.

HMM – almost sounds like I work for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority.

But what I was really getting at was that I most likely won’t be blogging again until Tuesday. But perhaps my adventures in Provincetown will make for some interesting reading and viewing (if I take pictures).

See you in October!

1. Comment by karyn on September 29, 2006 1:38 pm

Do you by any chance mean “A Little More Time” ? I don’t remember any toe tapper with the snappy title “All I Need Is Litle More Time”. Gee. DO you work for the turnpike guys?

God, I miss sick days and personal days and vacation days.

2. Comment by Jessie on September 29, 2006 1:47 pm

waahahahaha

I’m stuck at work, but I did have a margarita at lunch so my afternoon should prove more pleasant.

Have fun in P-Town Karl!!!!

I can’t do dinner on the 13th – I have to work that night, unless you want to come see the show??

3. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on September 29, 2006 2:29 pm

Excuse my French (freedom words?), but that is an absolutely FUCKING INSANE amount of time off. Naturally, I’m jealous as hell. You better take Thursday off too when I’m there!! ;-p

4. Comment by karyn on September 29, 2006 2:40 pm

You know? Now I’m thinking of it – wasn’t it YOU who used to make fun of the number of sick / personal / vacation days I got when I worked for the Municipal Govt. ? 18 sick days per year (accruable up to 120), 20 vacation days, 3 personal days? Hm?

Hello? Kettle? This is the Pot. You’re black.

5. Comment by Golden on September 30, 2006 7:50 am

What I wouldn’t do for a sick day. Haven’t had one in 6.5 years!

Have a great time, Karl! It reminds me how much I miss Ptown. It’s just not the same when you are chasing a toddler down Commercial St though. 🙂

6. Comment by Doug on September 30, 2006 7:52 pm

Ummm its Leather Weekend in Ptown…how did you forget to drop that little niblet of info??? Im SURE there will be pics galore for you to share 🙂

7. Comment by Karl on October 2, 2006 6:12 pm

Actually, I think the song title might only be “All I Need”…we both my be wrong.