Following in Karyn’s Footsteps

She had some lists the other day, and now it’s my turn to be lazy and copy her…but with my own answers, obviously (if you’re interested in her responses, check out her blog: Vexed in the City).

Seven Songs I love Right Now (meaning, not necessarily my favorite songs of all time…but stuff I can’t get enough of these days):

1. SexyBack, by Justin Timberlake (how can this be? I’m so humiliated…but it’s just so damn catchy)
  2. Emerge, by Fischerspooner (another catchy song…this one I’m more proud to admit to)
  3. Summertime, by Janis Joplin (this one is definitely on my all time favorites list)
  4. John Saw That Number, by Neko Case (I feel like I’m in a rural southern church when I hear this one…not that that’s necessarily a good thing)
  5. Paradise by the Dashboard Light, by Meatloaf (I don’t know why, but I’ve been really into this song lately. It’s so funny…yet painfully real. I think any horny teenage boy can relate)
  6. Sinnerman, by Extra Fancy (I loved this song back in the 90’s…and thanks to Instinct Magazine, it’s back in my head again…but in a good way)
  7. If I Can’t Sell It, by Pussy Tourette (yet another hilarious song – this one about performed by a drag queen…and chock full of sexual innuendo)

Karyn also had another meme. At first I felt too lazy to do it since it had three times the items I would need to list. But it actually wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. So, here goes…

Twenty-one Things I Love (can’t include the songs listed above):

1. Dark chocolate
  2. The smell of fresh cut grass
  3. sitting by the ocean and listening to the waves
  4. sitting by the ocean and watching the waves
  5. Paris, France
  6. Portable music (such as the iPod…though I’m not necessarily endorsing their product)
  7. Family
  8. Air-conditioning
  9. The internet/technology
  10. Voyeurism
  11. Public transit
  12. Chicken, broccoli and ziti
  13. America’s Funniest Home Videos
  14. Major storms (blizzards, hurricanes)
  15. Weekend getaways
  16. Friends
  17. Memories
  18. Orgasms
  19. New England architecture (clapboard, weathered shingles, etc…)
  20. The smell of skunk
  21. Photos (and their primitive ancestor, photo albums)

Your turn.

1. Comment by Will on October 4, 2006 10:19 am

Thanks, I’ll probably take this over in a day or two.

Are these in any particular order of preference? Just wondering about the item in #18 being so far down on the list is all.

2. Comment by snarl on October 4, 2006 11:54 am

He he. There is no particular order to either list.

Though, regarding #18…I must say I had trouble wording that one just right. I was going to just write “sex”, but realized that sex was less important to me than the orgasm. You don’t need one to have the other.

3. Comment by Lise on October 4, 2006 4:59 pm

Wow, I can’t believe how many of the 21 things would be on mine also (except, instead of the smell of skunk the smell of gasoline). Karl, are you really the one that’s my gay twin?

4. Comment by karyn on October 5, 2006 8:19 am

So…you…LIKE orgasms and you’re NOT endorsing ipds per se.

This world has gone MAD! I confess that I didn’t realize I needed to list stuff like sex & orgasms. Crap, you know, I think I left “air” and “water” and “nutrition” off the list too! Damn!

And hey – are you implying saying that I was being LAZY the day I posted those?! There was an actual post that day too, if you remember correctly… you irreverent freshy, you.

5. Comment by karyn on October 5, 2006 8:19 am

6. Comment by karyn on October 5, 2006 8:24 am

D’oh! I swear I clicked “Submit Comment” just ONCE! Gaaaa!

7. Comment by Mark on October 15, 2006 4:22 am

The smell of skunk? Where did THAT come from? I remember (back when I had a car) driving down the country roads in Ohio and passing a skunky patch and rolling down all the windows in freezing weather just to get RID of the smell…