Mexico, Part II

I could get used to this!

On Sunday afternoon Randy and I ended up getting our own condo (since you stay on a weekly basis from Sunday to Sunday, we stayed with Ben and Sandy the first night…Sunday). We lucked out in getting an ocean view room, though from what I could see the golf course view rooms had equally nice views of plush greens and a backdrop of mountains.

I woke up well before Randy on Monday so I threw on some clothes and went for a walk along the beach just after dawn. It was spectacular. The morning fog/clouds kept the mountains in various shades of blue and grey. The waves were enormous (it is the Pacific, after all) and barely another person was around.

PV Mexico February 2007 125.jpgPV Mexico February 2007 126.jpg

Before I knew it, I had left resort property and was roaming aimlessly along the shore. I ended up at this point where the locals apparently party well into the night. There were bottles everywhere and I could still smell the burnt wood (apparently they light fires at night and party).
The rest of the day was spent lying by the pool or lying by the beach. Oh, except when we all grabbed inner tubes and drifted down the lazy river (which is a long pool that practically circles around the entire ocean front side of the resort and has jets to create enough of a flow to keep you moving). It takes about 20-30 minutes to go around once…and we went around three times.

PV Mexico February 2007 164.jpgPV Mexico February 2007 157.jpg

Oh, and there is a Mayan pyramid in the middle of the grounds that you climb up….and then go down via waterslide! Ah, yes, we did that multiple times, too.  Educational…AND fun!

PV Mexico February 2007 008.jpg

PV Mexico February 2007 012.jpg

We also took a lot more photos….so enjoy! (Be warned that you may go blind looking at my paleness).

PV Mexico February 2007 063.jpg PV Mexico February 2007 100.jpg

PV Mexico February 2007 113.jpgPV Mexico February 2007 090.jpg

PV Mexico February 2007 109.jpg

PV Mexico February 2007 101.jpg

PV Mexico February 2007 114.jpg

1. Comment by Lise on February 21, 2007 3:14 pm

Great pics! Totally envious – these type vacation are all in my past. boo hoo. If you think cabs are a nightmare there (and they are) try renting a car! It’s total extortion. Glad you’re having such a relaxing break.

2. Comment by Steve on February 21, 2007 3:37 pm

My eyes! I kid, Karl. Fabulous pictures, as usual. Glad you’re having a great time. And, I now so totally hate you guys.