Did you Miss Me? ‘Cuz I Missed You!

I did, really!

I was running a conference this past weekend and the last week of preparations took its toll. It’s been nearly 18 months in the making (between reserving space on campus, negotiating rates/contracts for blocks of rooms at neighboring hotels, catering, audio-visual, and countless other administrative duties) so last week everything became urgent. Inevitably, there were glitches in the registration software so certain things got pushed to the day before the event.

Also inevitably, there were a few glitches DURING the conference; the worst being that more than 20 people failed to register until they arrived on Saturday morning – resulting in us running out of lunches. Fortunately, we had a kick-ass catering manager who was able to scrounge up an additional 22 lunches within 20 minutes.

Another glitch occured the following day when the audio-visual guy arrived over an hour and a half late (causing the conference staff to run from room to room trying to figure out how to operate the computerized data projectors). We figured it all out with 15 minutes to spare (and THEN the tech guy arrived).

Yet all in all, the conference appeared to be a success. And my life can return to normal.

Randy did try to throw in some normalcy throughout the weekend, though. On Friday night, we went for a bike ride (with Chris). On Saturday night he tried dragging me to a party in Arlington. I lasted literally 60 minutes before I left him there and went home to sleep. The life of the party, I was not (nor have I ever been).

But life truly is getting back to normal and I’m glad. I missed blogging. I’m serious!

It’s therapeutic…and there’s no $15 co-pay!

1. Comment by Mark on May 7, 2007 10:50 am

I certainly missed you, poodle!

2. Comment by Brad on May 7, 2007 12:14 pm

Glad you’re back and that you survived!

3. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on May 7, 2007 1:48 pm

Glad you survived the bumps. Welcome back, pooooble.

4. Comment by Doug on May 7, 2007 3:34 pm

Of course you were missed…I almost started my own blog so that I would have something to read 🙂