Starring in the Remake of “Meet the Parents”

Today’s the today! At 4:51 this afternoon I should be seated on a tiny puddle jumper of an airplane with Randy en route to Roanoke, Virginia, to meet the in-laws. Well, there are no flights to Roanoke so we’re actually flying into Washington, DC, and then driving…3+ hours.

For some reason, I’m not nervous about meeting his parents. Should I be? Either I’m so obscenely cocky that I can feel confident they’ll like me or, more likely, the fact that Randy’s friends (and ex) have raved about his parents makes me comfortable enough not to worry. Besides, I’ve already spoken to both of his parents on the telephone before and they seem so sweet (and southern).

We really have no plans while we’re down there. I’m picturing us driving around showing me the sights, some competitive card and board game playing, and some lounging by a pool at his mother’s house. Oh, and lots and lots of eating. His mother is a bit nervous that she won’t be able to prepare anything for me since my delicate constitution doesn’t handle spices very well.

If that’s the only thing she’s worried about, we should have no problems.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Mark on August 16, 2007 11:37 am

So, how are you liking my old neck of the woods?