Don’t Cry For Me, Argentina

It’s always an adventure with Randy. One minute we’re discussing a trip to Seattle and Vancouver sometime in October or November…and the next thing you know he has his heart set on Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Montevideo (Uruguay) instead.

I have to admit – I’m intrigued. Buenos Aires is considered the “Paris of South America” with similar architecture and cultural amenities (though with a more Spanish/Italian/Jewish flair). And I do love Paris. It would also be late spring/early summer down there are the time. And I’d be able to scratch one more continent off my list (North America, Europe, Asia…and now South America).

But like the Japan trip 9 months ago, this is one helluva long flight at 15+ hours, including layovers. What I find interesting is that despite the length of the flight, we’d only be changing one time zone (no jet lag!).

Anyway, it’s still not decided yet. I’ve got some number crunching to do. Oh, and I need to practice standing on balconies and raising my arms.

(photo obtained from http://www.oberlin.edu/faculty/svolk/syllabus110s2000.htm)

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on September 12, 2007 12:56 pm

Pack your deodorant if you’re going to be doing the balcony thing. For all the peasants, of course.