Muscles for Less

I did it. I joined a gym. After 13 months of Randy saying “you should really come to the gym with me, you should really come to the gym with me, you should really come to the gym with me, you should really come to the gym with me, you should really come to the gym with me, you should…”

You get the picture. It’s not pleasant.

So Saturday morning I caved in and went using a one day visitor pass…and I didn’t totally hate it. By no means did I enjoy it – not even slightly (even the eye candy was pitiful) – but I saw, I concquered, and even more surprising, I returned!

Yes, I went back on Sunday morning, too. Except on Sunday, I actually signed up as a member. To be honest, I think I was more willing to sign up because of the deep discount they offered than for any physical benefits a gym membership might offer me. The special I got was a result of joining at 50% off as a “friend and family” (that would be Randy). So, my monthly cost is $17.13. If I last for three years, that will reduce to $12/month for life. And since I’m eligible for a $150/year reimbursement from my medical insurance plan for any health club memberships, that means I’m only paying $55.56/year (or $4.63/month).

It’s a steal! And it’s worth it alone for the photo ID I got!

1. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on October 23, 2007 12:25 pm

I just fell off my chair.

Why on earth is getting a photo ID a big deal? ;-p

2. Comment by Karl on October 23, 2007 5:33 pm

I”m a geek. I’ve kept all of my photo ID’s (old licenses, old work ID, Wenworth, Mass Art, Harvard).

I’m pathetic – I admit it.

3. Comment by randy on October 24, 2007 12:07 am

Hon, You may be pathetic but now maybe we will whip you into shape. Ok so you dont have so much whipping to do as I do but you know what I mean. Buff is hot!