Redrum! Redrum!

(I wish I could figure out how to write the letters backwards).

Actually, it should read more like RedBones, RedBones, since that’s where we ate dinner last night. I’m not sure if many of you are aware, but there is a website called restaurants.com where you can buy $25 gift certificates for only $10. Basically, you browse the thousands of restaurants listed nationwide (and probably well over a hundred in the Boston area) and pay $10 for a $25 gift certificate (essentially giving you $15 off your meal).

Master dealhunters (Randy) also suggest that before you go to restaurants.com, you should do a google search for “restaurants.com coupon codes”. We did that and managed to get two different $25 gift certificates for only $5 each (a deal of $20). It’s so easy. I still have no clue how this makes anybody any profit (aside from the consumer) – but I’m not going to complain.

I’m also proud to state that I was the one who discovered this website bargain (though, it was Randy who found the additional online coupon code savings opportunity).

Anyway, the food was good but I must admit that both Randy and I are looking forward to a quiet night tonight. We’ve got out-of-town guests arriving tomorrow so we’ll be Mr. and Mrs. Social* for the whole weekend. I think I need a vacation. At least Las Vegas is less than a month away.

*I am the Mr. in that scenario.

1. Comment by Lise on January 24, 2008 3:10 pm

You’re so butch, Karl. ;)-

2. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on January 24, 2008 10:12 pm

I use restaurant.com alllllllll the time. Get on their email list, and they’ll send you “sale” links (nearly every day) for 50% or more off the usual price. I never pay more than $5 max (sometimes $3) and buy directly from restaurant.com. It rocks!

3. Comment by Fred on January 25, 2008 12:54 am

My guess is that they realize that most folks end up spending a good deal more than that on the meal, anyway, most particularly on alcohol (where all the profit is made) and getting NEW customers through the door, etc., is also well worth the money – they’re really just losing the markup on an entree and maybe some small stuff, for the benefit of getting you into their domain and probably (not necessarily, but probably) drinking, etc. – and if you like it, you’ll be back, etc. Not that different from the craziness of airline seat pricing or hotel room pricing…

Gotta try Redbones sometime, never been…

All best to you and the Missus – I’m waiting for Randy to weigh in on THAT one!

Cheers!

4. Comment by Randy on January 28, 2008 5:34 pm

Well Fred, Im weighing in on the Mrs part now!
    WTF Karl! Mrs? I know where you live lets not forget!