True Romance

Yesterday was one of those stupid holidays with no other purpose than to sell greeting cards and make people feel bad for a) being single, or b) not getting their significant other something fabulous enough. So, I suppose my lack of enthusiasm for this holiday is a good things considering how Randy and I spent our “holiday.”

He made me go to the gym, then he brought me out to dinner…with him and his ex-boyfriend! Yep, our romantic Valentine’s Day dinner consisted of a threesome (and not in a good way).

Actually, it doesn’t upset me. I’m rather fond of his ex and we’ve all become good friends. In fact, dinner was quite fun. I just think it sounds funny to say that we spent this “supposedly” most romantic of holidays with a third person…not just any person, but his ex-boyfriend of 3 years.

Well, today is my last day of work before heading to Las Vegas. We fly out on Sunday and return the following Sunday. In between it seems we’ll be seeing more of the outlying areas than Vegas itself – despite staying at a resort 1/2 a block from the Bellagio and Caesar’s. We’ve got evening plans on Monday with some friends in the burbs. We planned a day trip to the Hoover Dam. Randy mentioned heading to some Nevada state parks another day. We’re going to Utah for two days (Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park). And while in Vegas, I want to see the various themed hotels (I hear the lobbies and grounds are amazing), the Liberace Museum, and maybe find the Neon Graveyard.

And maybe while we’re out there we’ll find some romance…since it was surely lacking on Valentine’s Day!

1. Comment by mindy on February 15, 2008 11:29 am

Bryce Canyon is *awesome*! Take the horse ride down in the canyon if you can.

2. Comment by Will on February 24, 2008 2:08 pm

I’m late in wishing you two “bon voyage,” but it is no less sincerely wished.