Crazy Thoughts

I think something is wrong with me. I just got back a vacation to the southwest on Sunday. Randy had a business trip in Portland, OR, next week so he decided to extend it over the weekend by going to the San Francisco Bay Area for a special wine-tasting event that happens once or twice per year. He left last night and returns next Wednesday (6 days). When planning this a month or so ago he did ask if I wanted to come. I declined since, as I said, I’d have just returned from another vacation just 4 days before and it would seem irresponsible to go away again.

Besides, just 6 weeks ago I was in California and Arizona. A month before that I was in Argentina. And in month from now I’ll be in Mexico. Yet now that he’s gone (and has arrived safely) in San Francisco, I’m kinda’ wishing I’d tagged along. It’s pathetic, really. I mean, his aim is to drive with our friends to wine country and just go from winery to winery sampling wine. I’ve done that before….three times….and, to be honest, I think I’ve done it enough and would be perfectly content to never do it again.

Yet there’s this part of me that wishes I was there. Maybe I already miss him. Maybe I’m envious. Maybe I’m a freak.

I suspect it’s the latter.

1. Comment by Lise on February 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Maybe you’re addicted to travel. Maybe the home/work routine is seeming very boring compared to the excitment of traveling. I think because you’re doing so much there’s an inevitable let-down when you’re just living your “normal” life. Maybe you’re really coming out of your Karl shell. And yes, I think you want to spend your time with Randy – despite thinking it’s good to take breaks. I think you’re probably past the ease-into w/ breaks phase and you just want to be together. 😉

2. Comment by Randy on February 29, 2008 4:12 pm

Yes a Freak, but I will take wanting to be with me too 🙂
    mwah

3. Comment by jeff on March 1, 2008 8:11 am

Freak!