A Lesson Learned

Note to self: If it’s ever cloudy when I begin my morning scooter commute, wear nylon track pants over my clothes.

I left the house and it was dry. Well, the ground was wet from overnight rain, but it wasn’t raining as I left the house. But just before I got half way to work it poured. It wasn’t even gradual. One minute I was dry, the next minute, I was soaked..and still had 7 minutes to go (I would have also had 7 minutes to head back to the house so it didn’t matter if I returned home or continued to work).

It also figures that once the rain began, I started hitting every red light possible. And got caught behind every idiot driver imaginable who would go 15 – 20 miles per hour. Oy vey. I was apparently not the only person caught off guard….I saw numerous people on bicycles start peddling faster, too.

I’ve now arrived at the office and, lo and behold, the rain is subsiding. However, it’s a little too late for me. My jeans are soaked, my sneakers are soaked, my leather jacket soaked straight through and my shirt is soaked.

It’s going to be a good day. I can tell.

1. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on June 6, 2008 4:00 pm

Love that photo. Muchly.

2. Comment by Fred on June 7, 2008 10:53 am

I agree with Dave – I saw that photo in your slideshow and thought it was incredibly cool, also. Of course, the Karl wet-clinging-clothing shot would probably be hot, too (grin).

3. Comment by snarl on June 9, 2008 1:07 pm

Fortunately, nobody had a camera waiting at my office to catch me in my dripping wet clothes!