Here We Go Again

It seems as though I’d just unpacked from our last trip (we returned less than 36 hours ago) and I’m already packing for the next (we leave in just over 48 hours). This time, we’re going to San Francisco. The good thing is that summer weather in San Francisco is fairly predictable: no rain.

The question is the temperature. When I lived there, it was comfortably dry every day with sun until mid-afternoon when fog rolled in and cooled things off for the evening. It was essentially the same thing last year except we headed north to Mendocino where it got quite toasty (again, before the fog rolled in).

The outlook for the upcoming week appears to be warmer than normal….but still dry. I’m debating whether to pack 8 days worth of clothes or pack less and do laundry half way through the trip…but who wants to spend three hours of a good-weather vacation day in a laundromat?

I think I’ll suck it up and just fill the suitcase. OOH, or maybe I’ll just buy clothes there. Now that I’m a fat cow, I could use some better fitting (larger) things.

1. Comment by mindy on July 9, 2008 9:39 am

Maybe something fireproof in case the winds shift?

2. Comment by Mark on July 9, 2008 11:04 am

“Fat cow?” You were pretty skinny still when I saw you last. Granted, that was like almost two years ago. Yeesh.

3. Comment by deano on July 9, 2008 7:46 pm

Well, couple of things…..

1-be careful of packing too much. Then you cannot bring back all those t-shirts you promised to bring back.

2-guess you can use the t-shirt I got you for your birthday now!!! (Like to see you with it in a pic!!)

4. Comment by snarl on July 10, 2008 9:25 am

Hey, Deano!

Well, I can happily say that I’m still not “that” big yet that I warrant that large (or was it XL?) t-shirt!