The Final Debate

I’ve voted in every election since I turned 18. Still, I’ve never been a very political person. Part of the problem is probably that I live in Massachusetts where the majority of the population seems to hold similar beliefs as me. When it comes time for national elections, I’m always stunned when I realize that New England (particularly Massachusetts) is in it’s own little bubble.

In 2000 I couldn’t even fathom that George Bush would win the presidency. Then, after four years of failure, I was dumbfounded when he was re-elected. And here we are again, four years later, and I’m again feeling optimistic that Barack Obama will win and can’t imagine that it could possibly swing the other way.

What is that great quote from our fair president?  “Fool me once, shame on…shame on you. Fool me…you can’t get fooled again.”

Now, I’m not a huge Obama fan. I’m not an enemy, either…I’m just not passionate about him (isn’t that always the way…you pick the lesser of two evils?).

Anyway, because I don’t love either candidate, I think this is the first election where I’ve watched each debate (including the vice-presidential debate). Now, for the VP, I was really hoping for Sarah Palin to present herself as the same trainwreck she did in prior interviews. Unfortunately, she set the bar so low that she didn’t come off too bad (I still think Biden won).

Similarly, for the presidential elections, I think Obama nailed the first two and last night’s was closer to a tie. Doesn’t it figure that Obama’s (AKA Senator Government) poorest showing would be in the debate closest to voting day?

HMMM – I’m not sure where I was going with this post. I guess I’m just rambling.

So go out and vote (but only if you’re voting for Obama). he he