The Heat Is On

I didn’t hang out with Glen Frey this past weekend. But Sunday night around 6:30PM was when Randy officially turned the heat on for the winter season. I personally thought we could have gone another 24 hours (since wouldn’t really need it while sleeping last night nor while at work today), but my frail Randy begged to differ.

It was a good weekend overall, though. Friday night was dinner and games with the usual Chris and Pete. On Saturday, Randy and I went leaf peeping in Lincoln, Massachusetts, during the day then hosted a wine-tasting party in the evening. We had about 12 people in attendance and Randy made his sister-in-law’s pulled pork recipe (yum).

We finally made it to the gym on Sunday, dragging our friend, Jeff, along hoping to sign him up in the process. At 4PM we were supposed to go to a house-warming party for our friends, Mark and Kana, but Kana’s water broke and started going into labor (she’s due in two weeks).  Needless to say, the party was canceled.

Instead, the party clan went to a restaurant in Teele Square called Rudy’s and had dinner. Then we all returned to our place to partake in all of the desserts everybody had prepared for the party (blueberry pie, key lime pie, apple tart, chocolate cake).

So much for the gym. Oh, but in between all of this weekend’s events Randy took this photo of me (while playing with his new camera) as I was stretching. I actually look like I have muscles! Maybe the gym is paying off after all?

1. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on October 20, 2008 11:28 am

Defnitely muscles. Hot, hot, hot! 😉

2. Comment by snarl on October 20, 2008 5:30 pm

My muscles may look ok in that pic…but my mid-stretch/pre-yawn face could use a bit of Photoshopping.

3. Comment by Dave in Chicago (2) on October 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Hush up, you’re cute all-around.

4. Comment by thleen on October 21, 2008 9:07 am

yeah, you are looking a little Matt Damon-ish in this photo. 🙂